Eimi specializes in the area of Estate Planning and Estate Administration. Eimi’s estate planning practice includes planning for both simple and complex estates. Her services include drafting basic and tax planning Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney and Advance Medical Directives, as well as preparing trust documents necessary to preserve family wealth and minimize tax consequences. Eimi also assists clients with gifting and transfers of family assets and closely-held businesses.
Eimi’s estate administration practice includes all aspects of probate matters, including intestacy proceedings, probate of Wills, marshaling estate assets and providing an inventory, preparation and filing of Federal and New Jersey and New York estate tax returns, preparation of formal and informal estate accountings, and the final distribution of estate assets to the beneficiaries and heirs of the estate. Eimi also assists clients with post mortem estate planning opportunities.
Eimi also represents clients in matters regarding Trust administration and Trust termination by way of informal agreement or formal court applications, including filing of accountings, as well as modification and revocation of Trusts by way of information agreement or by court application.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Greater New Jersey Estate Planning Council – Programming Committee
- Co-Chair, Estate Planning and Administration Committee, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member of New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member of Supreme Court of New Jersey District II-B Ethics Committee
- Women Lawyers in Bergen
Articles and Presentations
- Ask Archer: A Fireside Chat on Top 10 Estate Planning Mistakes (May 2021)
- 9th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar (Virtual) (October 2021)
- 8th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar (Virtual) (September 2020)
- 7th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar (April 2019)
- Ethical Considerations Involving Trust and Estate Planning, Administration and Litigation, Bergen County Bar Association (December 2019)
- Ethics in Estate Planning, 6th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar (May 2018)