Daniel S. Chertok is a member of Archer’s Real Estate Group, representing real estate owners and developers in the financing and development of residential, commercial, mixed-use and industrial projects with experience representing clients spanning from individual owners to publicly-traded companies. In addition to real estate and financing transactions, Daniel also advises and counsels clients on a wide variety of construction matters, including the negotiation and drafting of private development contracts, professional services and design contracts, construction management, architecture and engineering contracts and license agreements.
Prior to joining Archer, Daniel was an associate in the construction and real estate practice of a national law firm and in-house counsel to a New York City-based real estate developer. While in law school, Daniel interned with the now nationally recognized real estate co-living company Common Living and the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation during its biggest expansion since World War II, with $700mm in new development. He also served as Editor-in-Chief of BLS Advocate, an independent, student-run news site for the Brooklyn Law School community.
- Represented REIT and developer in connection with the development of a $1.2B landmarked Class A office project in New York City.
- Represented private real estate developer in connection with the development of a $300mm repositioning and renovation project.
- Represented developer in connection with New York City’s largest distribution and logistics development in Bronx, NY.
- Represented private developer in the successful negotiation of a closeout agreement with construction manager in connection with a $100mm construction project.
- Represented management group in the $45mm refinancing of building, mezzanine and land loan for Manhattan ground up condominium development.
- Represented one-half of investment partnership in $30mm refinancing of 29-story hospitality property in connection with boutique hotel in Downtown Brooklyn.
- Represented developer in the $14mm refinancing for ground up luxury gym.
- Represented developer in $3mm equity contribution from global real estate fund manager in connection with a hotel project.
- Represented developer in consolidation of $35mm real estate portfolio.
- Represented developer in purchase of sale of $1mm commercial farm in upstate New York.
- Represented landlord in administration of luxury gym lease in New York City.
- Represented not-for-project economic development corporation in negotiation of commercial leases, including negotiation of lease for New York City’s first rooftop vineyard and multi-disciplinary technology center.
Community and Professional Involvement
- New York City Bar Association, Land Use Committee
Awards and Recognition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Public-Private Partnerships