Daniel Chertok is a partner in Archer’s Real Estate Group. Daniel focuses his practice on real estate and construction matters, working closely with the firm’s environmental, land use, corporate and bankruptcy groups. His experience spans from representing individual owners to publicly-traded companies. He represents owners and developers in connection with mixed-use, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure projects through all phases of the building process, beginning prior to acquisition, including property due diligence, approvals, purchases and financings, through the drafting and review of construction management agreements, licensing agreements, design and development agreements, including issues relating to risk management and project administration, through project completion and exit strategy. He also represents a wide variety of private companies, not-for-profit organizations and government agencies in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, construction, leasing, joint ventures, financing and other corporate real estate matters.
In addition to his transactional real estate and construction practice, Daniel counsels clients in connection with commercial contract matters, including representation of private companies, not-for-profit organizations, as well as government organizations in the drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of third-party agreements, including vendor agreements, licensing agreements and other service agreements.
Prior to joining Archer, Daniel was an associate in the construction practice of an Am Law 100 law firm and in-house counsel to a New York City-based real estate developer. While attending Brooklyn Law School, he interned with a nationally recognized real estate co-living company and the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation during its biggest expansion since World War II, with $700 million dollars in new development. He was also the editor-in-chief of the BLS Advocate, an independent, student-run news site for the Brooklyn Law School community.
- Represent publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and developer in connection with the development of a 1.4 million-square-foot office tower in New York City.
- Represent offshore wind developer in purchases, leases, licenses, rights-of-way and access agreements in connection with the development of a major United States based offshore wind project.
- Represent management group in the refinancing of a distressed acquisition and construction loan for Manhattan ground up condominium development.
- Represent managing member of joint venture in refinancing of 29-story hospitality property in Downtown Brooklyn.
- Represent owners and developers in the negotiation of a variety of design and construction contracts (including AIA and DBIA agreements) and related construction matters, including commercial office and industrial developments; distribution and logistics centers, site improvements for a large subdivision development; a major renovation and rehabilitation of a historic landmarked building and the headquarters of an ice cream distribution company.
- Represent the Board of Directors of City Trusts in connection with property management, leasing, purchases, licensing and financing matters ranging from commercial office buildings to coal mining and utility operations.
- Represent publicly traded electric charging infrastructure company in connection with acquisitions, leasing and related matters.
- Represent private developer in the negotiation of a multi-million dollar settlement agreement with construction manager in connection with the completion of a residential condominium project.
- Represent government agency in connection with the negotiation of critical commercial contracts for food and health services in connection with the de-privatization of a large correctional facility.
Community and Professional Involvement
- New York City Bar Association, Land Use Committee