Daniel Chertok is a partner at Archer’s Real Estate Group where he specializes in real estate and construction matters. He works closely with several other groups within the firm, including the environmental, land use, corporate, and bankruptcy groups to advise clients ranging from individual property owners to publicly-traded companies, private companies, non-profits, and government agencies. Daniel assists his clients in all aspects of real estate matters, such as leasing, purchases and sales, due diligence, and approvals. He also regularly serves as construction counsel to various clients.
In addition to his real estate and construction practice, Daniel provides counsel to clients in commercial contract matters. He assists with drafting and negotiating a wide range of third-party agreements, including vendor agreements, licensing agreements, and service agreements.
Before joining Archer, Daniel worked as an associate in the construction practice of an Am Law 100 law firm and as in-house counsel to a real estate developer based in New York City. While attending Brooklyn Law School, he interned with a nationally recognized real estate co-living company and the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation during its major expansion, with $700 million dollars in new development. Daniel was also the editor-in-chief of the BLS Advocate, an independent, student-run news site for the Brooklyn Law School community.
- Advised a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and developer on the development of a 1.4 million-square-foot office tower in New York City.
- Represent an offshore wind developer in the acquisition of purchases, leases, licenses, rights-of-way, and access agreements for a major offshore wind project in the United States.
- Represent a publicly traded electric charging infrastructure company in connection with acquisitions, leasing, and related matters.
- Advised a managing member of a joint venture in refinancing a 29-story hospitality property in Downtown Brooklyn.
- Represent owners and developers in the negotiation of various design and construction contracts, including AIA and DBIA agreements, for commercial office and industrial developments, distribution and logistics centers, site improvements for large subdivision development, and historic landmarked building renovation and rehabilitation, as well as headquarters of an ice cream distribution company.
- Advise the Board of Directors of City Trusts in various property management, leasing, purchasing, licensing, and financing matters for commercial office buildings, coal mining, and utility operations.
- Represented a management group in the refinancing of a distressed acquisition and construction loan for a ground-up condominium development in Manhattan.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York City Bar Association, Land Use Committee
Past Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- “Risky Business… Information You Can’t Afford Not to Know: Navigating the Hazards of Construction – Strategies for Minimizing Risks,” Shore Builders Association of Central NJ, Inc. (March 2023)