Archer’s Donald P. Craig will be speaking at Rutgers University/Camden School of Law on behalf of the Rutgers Institute for Professional Education. The topic is “Fundamentals of New Jersey Probate Practice”.
What: This nuts-and-bolts program is a must for any attorney new to handling probate administration. The speakers will take you through the process of estate administration from start to finish, including a discussion of the filings involved and the tax and non-tax considerations that should be kept in mind as you settle the estate. Topics include:
• The Role and Responsibilities of the Surrogate
• Presenting an application for probate or administration in the Surrogate’s Court
• Probate practice in the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Probate Part
• Assisting fiduciaries with estate administration (marshaling assets, identifying and satisfying creditors and distributing interests to beneficiaries and heirs)
• Federal and state death tax filing requirements and considerations for payment of the taxes.
This program qualifies for New Jersey Newly Admitted credit in Basic Estate Administration.
Who: Donald P. Craig
When: November 28, 2012
Where: Rutgers University/Camden School of Law
Click here for additional information.