Tara is a Partner in Archer’s Estate and Trust Services Department. She is also a member of the firm’s Estate and Trust Litigation Group. She concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and estate and trust litigation. Tara specializes in the overlap of these practice areas, which allows her to better serve her clients.
Tara’s estate planning services include lifetime and end-of-life planning and related document preparation such as Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Advance Directives, as well as lifetime giving, business succession, and charitable planning matters. Tara’s administration services are equally diverse. She represents families with complex estate and trust administration issues, including those with complicated tax matters or related litigation. She also represents individuals and corporate fiduciaries who serve as Executor, Trustee, and Guardian.
- Obtained a private letter ruling from the IRS on a generation-skipping transfer tax issue in accordance with the settlement of litigation.
- Served as counsel for beneficiaries and fiduciaries in the modification and termination of trusts under the Uniform Trust Code, with and without court approval.
- Represented corporate trustees in the modification of charitable trust documents to comply with private foundation and related rules.
- Handled the complex administrations of spouses who died intestate — the survivor leaving over three dozen heirs, multiple years of unfiled and unpaid income taxes, and assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Successfully negotiated the settlement of a matter involving the dispute between siblings of pre-death transfers made by a deceased parent.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association– Probate & Trust Committee
- Burlington County Bar Association – Probate & Trust Committee
- Society of Financial Service Professionals – South Jersey Chapter
- Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern New Jersey
Awards and Recognition
- Named an “Awesome Attorney” by South Jersey Magazine (2018, 2019)
Articles and Presentations
- Presenter, “8th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar” (September 2020)
- “Wills and Estate Planning Workshop,” Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice (September 2019)
- “Ethics in Estate Planning: Putting Testimony to the Test,” Archer 7th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar (April 2019)
- “Ethics in Estate Planning,” Archer 6th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar (May 2018)
- “Collaborative Planning for Closely-Held Business Owners and Their Families – A Case Study” (November 2017)
- UTC Case Study Presentation (January 2017)