Patrick Papalia currently oversees the firm’s New York and Hackensack Office litigation groups. Mr. Papalia is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a civil trial attorney, a distinction held by less than two percent of all attorneys in New Jersey. Mr. Papalia has successfully handled complex and high profile cases for the firm’s clients.
Mr. Papalia has crafted winning strategies and defended or obtained million dollar recoveries and judgments for his clients. He has taken to trial and verdict difficult cases and secured wins for his clients, as defense or plaintiff’s counsel. Mr. Papalia’s practice encompasses various industries, providing litigation and corporate support and advice for clients in the information technology, textile, food, diamond and jewelry, hotel, pharmaceutical, medical, real estate and other industries.
Recently, Mr. Papalia handled a multimillion dollar estate litigation in which his client recovered in excess of twenty million dollars on a Will contest. The result was achieved from the aggressive and strategic litigation plan put in place by Mr. Papalia.
Other Representative Experience:
• Successfully defended and implemented a favorable settlement strategy, settling a claim alleging insurance fraud in which a multimillion dollar claim was asserted by an insurance company.
• Represented a global diamond wholesaler in a million dollar settlement against a national retailer, which received national press and recognition, related to an exclusive license agreement breach.
• Obtained a successful verdict, including an award of all the attorney’s fees and costs expended by the client, an information technology client, against a vendor under a master services agreement involving a breach of a non-compete and restrictive
• Defended a matter resulting in no recovery to a plaintiff seeking damages against a firm textile client for alleged infringement of a federal trademark.
In addition, Mr. Papalia has handled diverse transactional matters in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, real estate and federal and state labor and immigration compliance. Mr. Papalia has been involved with multimillion dollar transactions involving acquisitions or sale of public and global companies and companies trading on foreign exchanges. He has handled matters before Federal and State agencies including securing compliance for clients under labor and immigration laws and minimizing or eliminating any claims for State or Federal sanctions, fines and awards.
Mr. Papalia has served as a court-appointed fiscal agent and discovery master for the New Jersey Superior Court, Law and General Equity Parts. Judges of the New Jersey Superior Court have appointed Mr. Papalia to serve and assist the court on complex legal matters.
Mr. Papalia is married with four children. He dedicates efforts to charitable events and fundraising including for underprivileged children.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Member of the Bergen County Bar Association