An accomplished trial lawyer, Patrick handles all manner of complex litigation in state and federal courts, and administrative agencies. Throughout his almost 25-year career, he has often served as first-chair trial attorney in an array of cases involving commercial, labor and employment, civil rights, equine law, and business matters. Patrick represents a diverse client base, including public and private companies, public agencies, closely-held corporations, and individuals, all of which span a variety of industries.
Using a strategic and outcome-oriented approach to litigation, Patrick is passionate about his clients’ goals and dedicated to achieving them. He prides himself on his ability to listen to and understand the objectives of his clients, explain the litigation process in a straight-forward manner, and to develop a plan that uses creative and unique strategies to achieve successful results. He is upfront and open about the cost and toll of litigation, ensuring his clients are comfortable and informed at every stage. Client’s also appreciate Patrick’s problem-solving capabilities and desire to help them identify any potential issues and address them before they become a serious problem.
Patrick also plays a critical role as a business counselor and trusted advisor to clients outside the area of litigation, particularly in matters involving labor and employment. He counsels employers through the process of disciplining and terminating employees, including investigations, negotiation of severance agreements and defense of grievances through the arbitration process. He assists clients in connection with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as providing help with the management of employment relationships to avoid civil rights and discrimination claims. He also works with employers to negotiate innovative collective bargaining agreements, and advises clients involved in work-stoppages.
In his diverse practice, Patrick has developed a broad experience dealing with matters of equine law and gaming. In particular, Patrick has worked closely with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and Racing Commission on matters relating to the regulation of the use of medications in race horses.
- Federal jury trial resulting in defense verdict on a national origin discrimination claim against a public sector employer.
- Federal jury trial resulting in verdict in favor of client in antitrust price-discrimination claim.
- State court jury trial resulting in verdict of favor of racehorse purchaser who successfully invalidated “as is” clause in auction terms.
- State court jury trial in Philadelphia resulting in verdict of favor of the Philadelphia Parking Authority in eight-figure civil rights class action.
- Pretrial dismissal of claims of unfair competition and contract interference made against steel processor by competitor.
- Successful management and resolution of litigation relating to the development of the new Philadelphia Family Court facility.
- Successful management and resolution of claims of constitutional violations by former executive of public sector employer in case involving defamation claims against multiple media defendants.
- Successful management of franchise disputes and litigation involving large franchisee of nationwide financial services franchisor.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Drexel Hill Youth Organizations (Director and Coach for St. Andrew the Apostle CYO, Drexel Hill Little League and UDHL Babe Ruth Baseball)
- Georgetown Alumni Ambassador Program
Past Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- “HR Bootcamp,” Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey (April 2023)
- “Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Policies,” Ask Archer: A Fireside Chat, Archer & Greiner, P.C. (May 2021)
- “Employee Handbooks in the Age of Trump,” Annual Employment Law Update: HR Bootcamp, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey (November 2020)
- “COVID-19 Relief for Horsemen,” Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association (April 2020)
- “Legal Sports Wagering: What Every University Needs to Know,” Archer & Greiner, P.C. (September 2019)
- “New Jersey’s New Gaming Law – What Every Employer Needs to Know,” New Jersey Business & Industry Association (October 2018)