Nilufer concentrates her practice in real estate services, with an emphasis on commercial real estate transactions and mortgage lending throughout New York and New Jersey. Known as a responsive, practical, and business-minded lawyer, Nilufer handles commercial real estate acquisitions, sales and financing transactions for the firm’s individual, corporate and public utility clients, with a special focus on multi-family, hospitality, corporate headquarter, automobile dealership and industrial properties. She also serves as lender’s counsel for regional banks and private lenders for financing transactions.
Clients appreciate Nilufer’s approachable nature and her ability to put complicated legal concepts into concise, articulate, common sense advice. She has keen insights and a deep understanding of the market and industry, which helps ensure a seamless experience for clients. She always strives to serve as a strategic advisor and advocate for her clients on all matters, negotiating the best deal without jeopardizing the ultimate closing of the transaction, and helping them to achieve their goals.
- Acquisition and financing of a 170-unit multi-family residential building in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Acquisition of a 70,000 square foot building in New Jersey; representation in the conversion to television studio facility and production studios for an international media corporation, including corporate restructuring, lease termination negotiations, real estate tax appeals and construction oversight.
- Sale of a 14-acre tract of land by a public water utility for conversion to public park purposes, including step transfer through private land trust and associated reservation of easement agreements; included negotiation with two municipalities, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and coordination of public Green Acres and New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust funding.
- $40 million Freddie Mac financing of a multi-family residential building in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- $23 million financing for a multi-family residential building in Essex County, New Jersey.
- Acquisition, development and financing of a partially constructed Walgreen’s in Bronx, New York.
- $16 million financing of client’s inventory of apartment buildings in New York City.
- Green Acres approval of diversion of encumbered parkland in Bergen County, including subsequent public bid sale of unencumbered parcel.
- Sewer Assessment Commission attorney for a local assessment sanitary sewer project in Bergen County.
- Obtained site plan approval for construction of a new 10,000 square foot mixed use commercial building.
- Financing for non-profit school in New Jersey (Bergen County), including modification of corporate governance documents.
- Counsel to non-profit school.
- New Jersey Economic Development Authority financing for expansion of a non-profit school.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel
- Bergen County Bar Association, Real Estate and Land Use Committees
- New Jersey Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Woodcliff Lake Planning Board (2018-present)
- Past President, Women Lawyers in Bergen
- Bergen LEADS Class of 2014
- Community Service Committee for the Volunteer Center of Bergen County’s Alumni Bergen Leads (ABL)
- Former Chair, Vassar Alumni Admissions Interview Program, Northern New Jersey
Past Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- “Commercial Real Estate Transactions: From Handshake to Closing,” Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel (February 2016)