Michael Supko advises property owners, developers, investors and lenders on all aspects of real estate development, financing, leasing and management. Michael’s experience representing governmental and private entities renders him particularly well-suited to navigate regulations governing the redevelopment and rehabilitation of properties located in redevelopment zones. Michael also routinely represents lenders and borrowers in complex real estate financings.
In addition to his commercial real estate and finance practice, Michael assists corporate clients in stock transfers and acquisitions involving the transfer of real estate and provides general corporate counseling with a focus on clients in the technology and professional service sectors.
Michael has been an active member of the Monmouth County Bar association since 2001. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Seton Hall Law School, where he served as a member of the Legislative Journal, an academic publication devoted to political issues. He was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar in 2000.
- Represented a private developer in a public-private partnership with a New Jersey university as part of a major expansion of its campus in a transaction involving traditional financing and EB-5 funding.
- Represented an affordable housing developer in acquiring and developing an age-restricted development, which received a payment in lieu of taxes (“PILOT”) agreement and financing through low income housing tax credits and other governmental subsidies.
- Represented a redeveloper in acquiring and redeveloping property in a former military basis involving a local economic authority and the United States Army.
- Represented a major national engineering firm in an asset purchase of an existing surveying firm in Miami, Florida.
- Served as lender’s counsel on numerous transactions, including the refinancing of a skilled nursing facility.
- Represented the County of Monmouth in a series of land acquisitions to form new and expand existing regional parks.
- Routinely counsel publicly-traded homebuilders in all aspects of acquisition and development of residential communities throughout New Jersey.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Monmouth Bar Association (Past Trustee, 2018)
- Shore Builders of Central New Jersey