David Weinstein has a diverse corporate practice, with concentrations in public and project financing, alternative energy development and financing, as well as redevelopment and redevelopment financing. David has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, trustees counsel, and bank counsel for various public financing transactions, including financings for multi-family facilities, educational facilities, local school districts, municipalities and public authorities. In addition, David has developed an expertise in alternative energy development and financing, assisting clients in developing and structuring alternative energy projects, and redevelopment projects. David has experience drafting and negotiating disclosure documents, power purchase agreements, supply contracts, indentures, letters of credit, and related transactional documents.
- Represented leverage lender in various New Market Tax Credit projects drafting leverage loan documents and providing advice regarding NMTC compliance.
- Represented trust in making mezzanine loans for real estate development drafting and negotiating mezzanine financing documents and operating documents and inter-creditor agreements with senior debt provider.
- Represented tax-credit investor for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investment drafting and negotiating partnership agreements and related documentation, and providing structuring and business advice to investor.
- Represented a State Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency as bond counsel in the issuance of a$71,375,000 of Multi-Family Revenue Bonds to finance various multi-family housing projects.
- Acted as bond counsel to State Parking Authority with respect to the refunding of the Authority’s $131,050,000 airport parking facilities revenue bonds.
- Acted as Underwriter’s Counsel in the issuance of $22,780,000 in Solid Waste System Revenue Bonds issued to finance cost of constructing three new landfill cells and various capital improvements and renovations to existing buildings at the complex.
- Acted as bond counsel for State Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency in the issuance of $120,000,000 Single Family Housing Revenue Bonds, issued to provide for the purchase of single family housing loans made by the Housing Agency.
- Served as Underwriter’s Counsel in the issuance of $57,500,000 Revenue Bonds, issued to finance various capital projects for higher education facility.
- Represented multinational corporation for permitting, land use approvals, tax issues, Power Purchase Agreement, Solar Land Lease, and other contracts for 14.1 megawatt, state-of-the-art, ground-mounted solar array on campus of corporate headquarters, the largest privately-owned, net-metered solar project in the Western Hemisphere.
- Represented international wind development company structuring and developing a 9 MW wind energy facility in Maine.
- Represented a large solar development and construction company in development of multiple solar energy facilities throughout the United States.
- Negotiated and drafted Power Purchase Agreements on behalf of two prominent New Jersey churches, both 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, granting licenses to power companies to install solar panel arrays on church rooftops for the production and sale of electricity.
- Representation of a financing institution that specializes in solar installations for 501(c)(3) organizations. The firm provides advice on transactional structure to permit nonprofits to receive federal grants and advises the client on Solar Renewable Energy Certificates. The firm also negotiates and drafts Power Purchase Agreements, Easement/License Agreements and Operating Agreements.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Association for Commercial Finance Attorneys (ACFA)
- Construction Finance Mangers Associations (CFMA)
- Moorestown Township Board of Education
- Former Member, Development Committee for Samaritan Hospice
- Former Member, Board of Trustees for the Moorestown Theater Company
- Former Vice President, Board of Trustees for the Burlington County Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Former Member, Moorestown Township Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Former Member, Moorestown Township Democratic Committee Chairman
- Former Member, Burlington County Democratic Committee
Awards and Recognition
- Named a “Top Attorney” by SJ Magazine for Alternative Energy (2020), Distribution & Franchise (2017), Public Finance (2014)
- Named to the Super Lawyers List as a “Rising Star” (2007 -2010)