Andrew handles a broad array of litigation and transactional matters focused on estate litigation, trust and estate planning, elder law, and business counseling. He advocates for clients in Superior Court in will contests, trust litigation, and probate matters. Andrew counsels individuals and families in estate planning and estate administration matters. He prepares Wills, Trusts and related estate planning documents, and assists clients with administration of estates, including probate, preparation and filing of estate tax returns, and estate and trust funding and distributions. He also represents clients with regard to guardianship and elder law issues. He has been appointed by the Courts on numerous occasions to administer troubled estates and to represent minors and allegedly incapacitated persons in both contested and uncontested matters.
In his business counseling practice, Andrew provides a broad range of services to the firm’s commercial clients, including business planning, business formation and dissolution, employment and contract issues, and real estate matters.
Clients appreciate Andrew’s thoughtful and practical approach. After 40 years of practicing law, he knows how to hone in on the important issues and avoid potential pitfalls. He provides his clients with a more holistic view of their situation – the big picture – and an ability to think outside the box.
Andrew enjoys interacting with his clients and ensures they are comfortable and informed at every stage. Focused on achieving his client’s goals in an efficient manner, Andrew is committed to obtaining the best and most meaningful solutions for his clients, consistent with their needs and expectations.
He has also appeared before the Disciplinary Review Board and the New Jersey Supreme Court to represent attorneys who have been charged with violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct. Andrew is listed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a mediator and mentor on its Roster of Mediators.
Throughout his career, Andrew has been dedicated to public service. For 13 years, he served as a member of the N.J. Supreme Court Committee on Character. He served on the Board of Trustees of the Bergen County Bar Association for 16 years, including serving as President for the 2019-2020 term. He is co-chair of the Association’s Professionalism and Estate Planning/Probate Committees. Andrew is a frequent lecturer in the areas of estate and tax planning, estate litigation, and trusts and ethics.
- Obtained a Judgment after Trial admitting a Holographic Will to probate in the face of challenges based on the claim of insane delusions of the testator for an estate valued at $18,000,000.
- Negotiated settlement and obtained Judgment construing charitable provisions of a Will pursuant to the doctrine of Cy Pres.
- Successfully defended a multi-million dollar flood claim for a N.J. public utility. Tried the matter for two weeks to a verdict of no cause of action.
- Obtained Judgment after Trial against Trustee for breach of fiduciary duty and successfully defended Appeal.
- Obtained Summary Judgment for a client charged in Federal District Court with defrauding claimants of German reparation payments.
- Defeated application to N.J. Supreme Court by Office of Attorney Ethics for temporary suspension and disbarment of client.
- Defeated a contested Guardianship application on behalf of court-appointed client.
- Established and administering multi-million dollar Trust for disabled son of deceased client.
- Established and advised clients regarding court-settled trusts for minor children to hold and administer proceeds of tort litigation and 9-11 awards.
Professional and Community Involvement
- President, Bergen County Bar Association (2019-2020)
- Member, N.J. Supreme Court Committee on Character (2008 – present)
- Trustee and Officer, Bergen County Bar Association (2005 – present)
- Past Member, N.J. Supreme Court Ethics Committee IIB (1994 – 1998)
- Roster of Mediators, Supreme Court of New Jersey (1999-present)
- Arbitration Panelist, Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County (2002-2018)
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Greater New Jersey Estate Planning Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Professionalism Committee, Bergen County Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Estate Planning Probate Committee, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, General Equity Committee, Bergen County Bar Association
- Trustee, former President and Founding Member, Rutherford Education Foundation, Rutherford, N.J. (2002 – 2019)
- President/Director, Community of God’s Love, Rutherford, NJ (2008 – 2012)
- Member, Cornerstone Committee, Immaculate Conception Seminary, Seton Hall University, West Orange, N.J. (2001 – present)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Greater Bergen YMCA, Hackensack, NJ (1997 – 2008)
- Past Member, Executive Committee, St. Peter’s Prep Parents Association, Jersey City, NJ (2006 – 2010)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Catholic Youth Organization, Archdiocese of Newark, NJ and Bergen County, NJ
- Coach and League Director, Rutherford Recreation (20+ years)
Past Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- “Archer 10th Annual Estate Litigation Seminar,” (November 2022)
In the News
- “Top NJ Court Tackles Trend of Lawyers Name as Ad Keywords,” Courthouse News (11/8/20)
- “NJ Justices Challenge Ethics Behind Atty Keyword Search,” Law360 (11/10/20)