William J. O’Kane, Esquire, a Partner in Archer’s Haddonfield office, has been designated a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
O’Kane, who represents clients in significant product liability, commercial, insurance and other personal injury litigation matters, successfully completed the Supreme Court’s thorough certification process. Through its Board on Attorney Certification, the Court confers the designation on attorneys who demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in a specific area of law or practice; have passed a rigorous examination; and have been recognized by their peers as having sufficient skills and reputation in the designated specialty.
In order to achieve certification, an attorney must:
- be a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar for at least five years;
- demonstrate substantial involvement in preparation of litigated matters;
- demonstrate an unblemished reputation by submitting a list of attorneys and judges who will attest to the applicant’s character and ability;
- pass a written examination covering various aspects of practice in the designated specialty; and
- have taken a specific number of continuing legal education courses in the three years prior to filing an application.
The Supreme Court established the Board on Attorney Certification in 1980 for the purpose of helping the public find attorneys who have a recognized level of competence in particular fields of law. The Court, through recommendation by the Board, currently certifies attorneys in four areas: civil trial law, criminal trial law, matrimonial law and workers’ compensation law.
Archer PC is a full-service regional law firm with more than 175 lawyers and eight offices in Haddonfield, Hackensack, Princeton, Flemington and Red Bank, N.J.; Philadelphia, Pa.; New York, N.Y.; and Wilmington, Del. The Firm has been serving Fortune 100 clients, small to medium-sized businesses and individuals for 85 years. Each office provides full-service litigation and transactional capabilities in nearly every area of law including corporate, estate & trust, family & matrimonial, labor & employment, litigation, medical & personal injury, and real estate services. For more information, visit www.archerlaw.com.
# # #