What: The Business of Cannabis
When: July 26, 2018 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Where: Archer Law, Main Conference Room, Three Logan Square, 1717 Arch Street, Suite 3500, Philadelphia, PA 19103
As the medical and recreational use of cannabis has become legalized in many parts of the United States, the industry, supply and demand of the plant based herb has skyrocketed. This event will cover how Black and Brown business owners can take advantage of the opportunities that this industry provides as well as addresses industry and government policy, access, and how mass incarceration rates for minor drug offenses plague Black and Brown communities, despite the move toward legalization. This event will be moderated by Carlton Johnson, Partner at Archer Law and Mayor Jim Kenney will also be in attendance.
- Gia Morón, Executive Vice President for WomenGrow;
- State Representative Jordan Harris, Chairman of the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus;
- Adrian Moody, Principal of CLC Brand Labs;
- Desiree Ivey, Philadelphia Market Leader for WomenGrow; and
- Omar Woodard, Fellow, Institute of Emerging Health Professions, Thomas Jefferson University Lambert Center for the Study of Medicinal Cannabis and Hemp
For more information and to register, click here.