When: Thursday, December 14, 2017 | 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall, 4 McNamara Way, Neptune City, NJ 07753
A Practical How-to Guide for Turning ESI into Evidence and Getting it Admitted
With all of the changes surrounding social media and email, it’s critical to get up to speed on the latest rules, procedures and case law. This full-day, cutting-edge course will walk you through state processes, procedures and the latest case law while equipping you with handy how-to’s, sample screen shots, real world examples and shortcuts along the way. Expert attorney faculty, who know the ins and outs of these groundbreaking new forms of evidence, will provide practical tech advice that you can actually understand and start using right away. From email to Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat, to YouTube, Pinterest and video surveillance, this comprehensive ESI guide will give you invaluable insight into proven ways for identifying, preserving, producing, admitting and blocking ESI. Register today!
- Recognize key social media, email and text evidence and traverse obstacles to ensure relevancy, authenticity and that the best evidence rule is satisfied.
- Examine the latest rules, case law and procedures regarding the admission of email evidence.
- Identify common spoliation pitfalls, sanctions and defensible legal hold hurdles.
- Find out critical mistakes attorneys make when collecting Facebook and LinkedIn evidence.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of metadata, how to scrub it, remove it from documents and produce responsive, non-privileged ESI with appropriate metadata and OCR.
- Skillfully obtain ESI from smartphones, third parties, flash drives and external hard drives.
- Learn how to effectively work with social media companies to obtain deleted information.
- Apply business record and excited utterance hearsay exceptions to email, text messages and more.
- Learn proven methods for testing ESI, including comparison, hash tags, encryption and metadata.