The Personal Injury Services Group is recognized for its broad experience in personal injury litigation, including cases involving medical malpractice, automobile accidents, product defects, fires, explosions, aviation incidents, toxic tort and environmental exposure, and drug and medical device issues. As part of the Firm’s Litigation Department, the Group includes Certified Civil Trial Attorneys and represents both individuals and institutions, including hospitals, manufacturers of industrial and medical products and insurance companies. The Group’s extensive paralegal staff includes experienced insurance adjusters, licensed private detectives and nursing personnel.
- $3.5 million for toddler accidentally shot and injured by an off-duty police officer cleaning his personal/back-up weapon, and $1 million to the child’s mother for emotional distress.
- $5.5 million settlement of wrongful death action will provide lifelong security for the widow and four children of a young Mercer County executive killed by a truck driver.
- $1 million settlement for the death of a high school student in a truck accident.
- $2.2 million verdict in Burlington County against the State for a partially disabled 50-year old nurse who was unable to return to nursing.
- $2.8 million settlement in Federal Court for Sewell woman who suffered a brain injury.
- $850,000 verdict in Camden County for a self-employed contractor, who as a result of injuries in an automobile accident, was no longer able to work actively in his own business and was limited to supervising others.
- $250,000 verdict in Hunterdon County for woman who suffered a lower back injury in an automobile accident that prevented her from engaging in her hobbies and activities on a long term basis, although she was not employed outside the home.
- $573,255.13 verdict for a Mercer County woman who suffered permanent injuries after being struck by a car while bicycling.
- $475,306.85 settlement for a woman who suffered permanent injuries after being injured as a passenger in a motor vehicle accident.
- 2.5 million settlement of general aviation (small plane) crash. Represented victims of Avianca Airlines jet crash.
- Drug & Medical Device Case
- $1.3 million settlement obtained in drug case against a Japanese manufacturer involving tainted L-tryptophane.
Medical Malpractice Case
- Confidential seven-figure settlement for survivors of a man whose cancer death Archer was able to trace back to a doctor’s failure to diagnose a predecessor disease, Hepatitis C, years earlier.
- $2.9 million verdict in medical malpractice case. A woman suffered complications from anesthesia during surgery. After years of living with paralysis, she died.
- $2.1 million verdict for the death of a 51-year old man caused by a failure to diagnose appendicitis.
- $450,000 verdict for a woman who suffered damage to her bladder during surgery.
- $250,000 verdict for a Trenton woman who suffered injuries to her foot as a result of bunion surgery.
- $2.75 million settlement for an infant who developed brain damage during birth, including a Special Needs Trust permitting his parents to continue receiving Medicaid benefits during the child’s lifetime.
- $4.0 million verdict for the death of a 50 year old man for failure to diagnose a heart condition that resulted in a fatal heart attack.
- $800,000 settlement for the death of a Monmouth County woman who aspirated during a surgical procedure.
- $600,000 settlement for a Mercer County woman who suffered permanent arm injuries as a result of nerve damage caused during surgery.
- $660,000 settlement for a Burlington County woman who suffered permanent injuries as a result of the negligent prescribing of narcotic drugs.
Nursing Home Malpractice
- $300,000 recovery against a nursing home on behalf of the family of a cognitively impaired resident who wandered from the facility and died due to inadequate supervision.
- Products Liability
- $2.8 million settlement in a Mini Bus accident involving seat failures for disabled senior citizens.
- $5 million settlement for a Marlton construction worker who was paralyzed in an explosion.
- $3.3 million settlement for a Moorestown electrical worker who suffered burns and the loss of his arms due to a defective bracket on an electrical pole.
- Confidential seven-figure settlement for survivors of a man fatally injured when his UTV/ATV utility vehicle ran him over without witnesses, where Archer was able to identify and demonstrate design defect in throttle cable system.
- $1.975 million settlement for a woman who injured her back as a result of a fall in a cafeteria.
- $3.3 million settlement for a utility worker who lost both arms due to a defective bracket.
- $5.0 million settlement for a construction worker paralyzed by gas explosion.
Slip and Fall
- $375,000 settlement for a woman who injured her ankle as a result of a fall at a farm.