Bill is the Chair of the firm’s Construction and Real Estate Litigation Group. He devotes a substantial part of his practice to construction and real estate litigation including complex construction defect claims, architectural and engineering professional negligence claims, payment disputes and lien claims. Bill has represented a wide variety of clients, including national, regional and local residential developers, engineering firms, public entities, and owners in a variety of construction related disputes. Through this experience, Bill has worked with and advised his clients on issues related to insurance and risk transfer strategies. In addition, Bill has developed extensive experience in litigating and resolving disputes arising out of the transition of planned residential communities from developers to homeowner and condominium associations.
- Successfully represented multiple national home builders in connection with homeowner association claims of defective construction of exterior claddings, roofs, site improvements and underfunding of capital reserves.
- Successfully represented national home builder in connection with homeowner claims of defective firewalls.
- Successfully represented engineering firm in connection with alleged deficient HVAC design for large public project.
- Successfully represented national home builder in connection with claims of community flooding due to allegedly deficient design and construction.
- Represented national transportation company in successful defense of lien claims filed by subcontractors in construction of tank wash facility.
- Successfully represented public improvement authority in prosecution of claim of deficient design and construction of nursing home facility.
- Successfully represented refinery in connection with litigation regarding alleged improper packing and transportation of hazardous waste.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Cherry Hill Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Committee, Boston University School of Law Alumni Association
- Medford Township Youth Soccer Coach