Bill Thompson joined Archer in 1979 and became a shareholder in 1986. He focuses his practice in all aspects of family law including divorce, adoption, parental rights, custody, support, and domestic violence. Bill also has extensive experience in family mediation. Although the majority of Bill’s practice is concentrated in family law, he also has a broad range of litigation experience including commercial litigation, landlord/tenant litigation, and estate litigation.
Bill has served as an editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer, Co-Chair of the Camden County Family Law Committee, and was elected to serve as Chairman of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section. He is the Past President of the Thomas Forkin Family Law Inns of Court. Bill is also a frequent lecturer for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey Bar Association, and the Camden County Bar Association.
In addition to his law practice, Bill is the former Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the NJ Chapter, Arthritis Foundation and is a past member of the Board of the Deerbrook Swim Club in New Jersey.
- Extensive trial experience in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties
- Statewide family law practice
- Trained family law mediation and mediation review attorney
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section.
- Former Chair, Camden County Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Member Birchwood Civil Association
- Member Medford Lakes Country Club
- Former member of NJ State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee
- Former President and current member of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court
- Vice Chair of the Arthritis Foundation, NJ Chapter
- Member of various N.J. and Northeast Regional committees
- Co-Chair of Family Law Department of Archer, P.C.
Articles and Presentations
- Frequent lecturer, NJ State Bar Association, Camden County Bar Association, NJ Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Co-Author, Planning and Coordinating Discovery Family Law Handbook, Wiley 2010.