Bill is an associate in the Litigation Services Group, focused on complex civil litigation actions with an emphasis on contractual and environmental matters in state and federal courts. Prior to joining Archer, he was a commercial litigation associate at a large Philadelphia law firm focusing on complex civil litigation matters. In 2007, Bill was a Special Assistant District Attorney for the City of Philadelphia where he acquired extensive trial experience while prosecuting dozens of misdemeanor trials and hundreds of felony preliminary hearings.
During law school, Mr. Gill was a state constitutional law editor of the Rutgers Law Journal and represented clients as a student attorney through Rutgers Community Development Clinic.
- Served as trial counsel in a complex arbitration successfully prosecuting a multi-million dollar breach of contract claim on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- Represented a public agency in a personal injury case involving alleged “take home” asbestos exposure. Succeeded in having the case dismissed on summary judgment and having that dismissal affirmed on appeals to the U.S. and New Jersey Supreme Courts.
- Drafted and reviewed non-disclosure agreements for clients conducting due diligence for possible mergers and acquisitions in the telecom field.
- Successfully represented a recycling company in a suit by an environmental organization involving the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and the New Jersey Environmental Rights Act.
- Successfully represented a large health care system in a contract claim focused on the operational failure of a telemetry system at a hospital.
- Successfully represented large public housing agency in a contract claim focused on faulty HVAC systems.
- Represented a public agency in a breach of contract action related the rehabilitation of and improvements to some parking lots. Succeeded in having the case dismissed on summary judgment and having the Appellate Division affirming dismissal as it related to the largest of two claims.
- Successfully represented a public agency in a breach of contract action related to an agreement to provide customer service and management training programs.
- Effectively represented a small business owner in an arbitration against a general contractor for, among other things, a faulty HVAC system.
- Represented a company before the New Jersey Bureau of Code Services in an asbestos tile matter.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Board Member for the Moorestown Soccer Club.
- Volunteer coach for Moorestown Soccer Club, Moorestown Youth Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football and Street Hockey.
- Member of the Vidocq Society, a group of forensic professionals, law enforcement officials, and attorneys who, as a public service, donate deductive, scientific and other talents to help solve cold-case homicides
- On-air movie reviewer for a radio show broadcast in 38 states and Canada as well as podcast.
Awards And Recognition
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2015 Rising Stars