Vinita is an Associate in Archer’s Environmental Law Practice Group where she specializes in complex environmental litigation, products liability claims, and toxic torts. She concentrates her practice on pursuing and defending complex environmental matters, focusing on issues related to corporate successorship and liability, cleanup and response costs, soil and groundwater contamination, diminution in value to property, and Natural Resource Damages. Vinita is experienced in all phases of litigation, including drafting pleadings, drafting discovery requests and responses, managing large scale document reviews and productions, motion practice, and trial preparation.
Prior to joining Archer, Vinita was a litigation and trial associate at a boutique trial firm specializing in products liability defense, medical device, and other complex litigation. She was on a defense team that secured summary judgment for a Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer facing a multi-district litigation with over 5000 plaintiffs. Vinita received her law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School where she worked as a Student Advocate representing and defending students accused of misconduct on campus such as plagiarism, academic dishonesty, dormitory violations, as well as sexual harassment and sexual assault. Vinita served as President and Vice President of the South Asian Law Student Association, as well as the Articles Editor of the Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology. She was the recipient of the University of Minnesota Public Service Award and the Ramsey County Bar Association Diversity Scholarship.
While at the University of Minnesota Law School, Vinita served as a law clerk at the University of Minnesota Office of the General Counsel, working on issues of intellectual property, regulatory compliance, contractual relations, as well as a range of litigation matters. She was a law clerk at a patent prosecution firm, working on patents related to medical devices, gene sequences, and agricultural inventions. Vinita served as a judicial extern to then-Chief Judge Michael Davis in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Articles and Presentations
- Contract Fundamentals A to Z: Breach of Contract and Choice of Law, Minnesota State Bar Association (Sept. 2019)
- Complex Commercial Disputes: Lessons in Strategic Risk Assessment and Mitigation, Minnesota State Bar Association (Aug. 2019)
- Cybersecurity and Medical Devices, Minnesota State Bar Association, Food, Drug and Device Section (Nov. 2018 / Nov. 2016)
- Litigating Hate Crimes, Minnesota State Bar Association (Dec. 2017)
- The International Biologics Landscape: Providing New Meaning for the Doha Declaration, MID-ATLANTIC L. & SOC’Y ASSOC., John Jay College of Criminal Justice, NY (Oct. 2015)
- Environmental Justice in Regional Transportation Plans, L., PROPERTY, SOC’Y, University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, GA (May 2015)
- Establishing an International Climate Court, 34 J. ENVTL. L. & LITIG. (2019)
- Biosimilars: Countering Shortages of Biotherapies in a Global and Local Context, 57 IDEA: FRANKLIN PIERCE FOR INTELL. PROP. (2017)
- Neglected Diseases: How Intellectual Property Can Incentivize New Treatment, 16 CHI-KENT INTELL. PROP. 241 (2016)
- Note, Biosimilar Regulation: Bringing the S. Up to Speed with Other Markets, 16 MINN. J.L. SCI & TECH (2015)