An accomplished trial lawyer, Trevor handles all manner of complex litigation in state and federal courts. He serves as first-chair trial attorney in an array of cases involving business disputes, intellectual property, real estate, and insurance. With a broad spectrum of clients, Trevor also heads up the firm’s Insurance Recovery and Counseling Group, representing policyholders in coverage litigation against insurance companies, analyzing risk management strategies, evaluating commercial insurance programs that adequately addresses business risks, and other insurance matters.
Trevor consistently delivers objectively favorable results for his clients while maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity. His commercial savvy and insight help him devise the most certain path for resolution, with a view toward broader business goals. When litigation looms, Trevor balances an aggressive litigation strategy with an efficient approach, in order to provide realistic expectations as to budget, timing, and possible outcomes. He regularly advises companies regarding potential business risks in order to minimize or avoid significant exposure in the future.
As part of his insurance practice, Trevor regularly counsels and represents policyholders pursuing insurance coverage under a broad array of first-party and third-party policies, including Commercial General Liability (CGL), Errors and Omissions (E&O), Directors and Officers Liability (D&O), Business Owner’s, Commercial Property, Inland Marine, and Homeowners policies.
A results-oriented attorney, Trevor is always focused on clear and prompt communication with clients to bring about positive results in accordance with their interests, needs, and business goals. Through all phases of litigation (from pre-suit case assessment through trial and appeals), Trevor has a great ability for analyzing complex issues and presenting them concisely, creatively, and persuasively to his clients’ advantage.
- Regularly serves as lead counsel for a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Has successfully obtained pre-answer dismissals, summary judgment and a “no cause” jury verdict in numerous U.C.C. breach of warranty and consumer fraud actions.
- As lead counsel for a national homebuilder, obtained summary judgment and dismissal of lawsuit filed by an unsuccessful real estate developer alleging fraud, conspiracy, and tortious interference claims.
- As lead counsel representing a private real estate development firm and an Atlantic City hotel, obtained summary judgment dismissing art dealer’s claims of breach of contract and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
- As insurance coverage counsel for a multinational information technology service and consulting company, negotiated favorable settlements in multiple coverage disputes with professional liability carriers regarding defense and indemnity obligations for underlying professional negligence claims.
- As lead counsel for a middle-market loan origination and servicing company, obtained summary judgment and dismissal of lawsuit filed by mortgage company alleging tortious interference. Also successfully filed a petition to recover client’s attorney’s fees and costs pursuant to fee-shifting provision in governing agreement.
- As insurance coverage counsel for a leading supplier of metal packaging products, negotiated a favorable settlement with CGL insurers in a declaratory judgment action arising out of claims to remediate latent, progressive, long-tail environmental property damage occurring at a former dump site. Settlement followed a successful motion on critical choice of law issues.
- As lead counsel, represented reseller of secondary market products in connection with an investigation by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission pursuant to the Consumer Product Safety Act.
- As co-counsel representing a residential homebuilder, successfully defeated class certification motion asserted by homeowners of a retirement community alleging defective construction and consumer fraud claims.
- As lead counsel representing a manufacturer and supplier of performance coatings and sealant systems, obtained insurance coverage from a commercial general liability for underlying claims of property damage.
- As co-counsel representing a commercial and residential developer, obtained coverage under the Employee Dishonesty Coverage Form of a Commercial Crime Coverage Policy for monetary losses sustained as a direct result of a bid-inflation scheme.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chair, New Jersey Development Advisory Board, Greater Philadelphia YMCA
- President, Board of Advisors, Villanova Law Alumni Association
- Past-President, South Jersey Young Professionals Association
- American Bar Association; Commercial and Business Litigation, Consumer Rights Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation Sections
- New Jersey State Bar Association; Insurance Law Section
- Camden County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association