Trevor helps companies successfully navigate the arena of complex business litigation — including intellectual property and technology-related disputes, consumer protection and unfair business practices actions, and construction/real estate matters. However, litigation success is often determined well before a lawsuit is filed. Accordingly, as a counselor, Trevor regularly advises companies regarding potential business risks in order to minimize/avoid significant litigation exposure down the road. Trevor’s knowledge of, and experience in, the insurance industry dovetails with his ability to assist companies in developing an overall risk management strategy. Trevor regularly advises and represents policyholders pursuing insurance coverage under a broad array of first-party and third-party policies, including Commercial General Liability (CGL), Errors and Omissions (E&O), Directors and Officers Liability (D&O), Business Owner’s, Commercial Property, Inland Marine, Homeowners, Life Insurance and Disability policies.
- Regularly serves as lead counsel for a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Has successfully obtained dismissals, summary judgment and a “no cause” jury verdict in breach of contract, breach of warranty and consumer fraud actions.
- As lead counsel, represented reseller of secondary market products in connection with an investigation by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission pursuant to the Consumer Product Safety Act.
- As co-counsel representing a residential builder, successfully defeated class certification motion asserted by homeowners of a retirement community alleging defective construction and consumer fraud claims.
- As co-counsel representing a commercial landlord, obtained a favorable settlement in a personal injury/toxic tort action alleging exposure to chemicals utilized in tenant’s business operations.
- As lead counsel, obtained a favorable settlement in a franchisee/lease dispute on behalf of a corporation owning and operating convenience stores and gas stations throughout the Northeast.
- As lead counsel representing a manufacturer and supplier of performance coatings and sealant systems, obtained insurance coverage from a commercial general liability for underlying claims of property damage.
- As lead counsel representing a manufacturer of cast stone, obtained coverage from a commercial general liability insurance carrier for underlying claims of property damage.
- As co-counsel representing a commercial and residential developer, obtained coverage under the Employee Dishonesty Coverage Form of a Commercial Crime Coverage Policy for monetary losses sustained as a direct result of a bid-inflation scheme.
- As lead counsel representing a commercial and residential well driller, obtained a favorable settlement (and subsequently insurance coverage) in a property damage and consumer fraud action filed by homeowner.
- As lead counsel representing an international manufacturer/developer of chemical products, obtained a favorable settlement in a defamation and tortious interference action brought by a former employee of a vendor/contractor.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association (Sections: Commercial and Business Litigation, Consumer Rights Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Insurance Law Section; Construction Law Section)
- Camden County Bar Association
- Member/Past-President, South Jersey Young Professionals Association (SJYPA). The mission of SJYPA is to unite and inspire business relationships among the young professionals and future leaders of South Jersey while pursuing charitable endeavors that serve the greater good of all South Jersey residents. In 2010, the SJYPA received the Outstanding Volunteer Group Award by the Salvation Army of Camden.
- Board of Advisors, Villanova Law Alumni Association
- Coach/Advisory Board Member, Cherry Hill National Athletic League
Awards and Recognition
- Named as one of the “40 Under 40,” SNJ Business People (2015)
- Named a “Rising Star” for Business Litigation by New Jersey Monthly Super Lawyers (2014, 2015)
Articles and Presentations
- The Absolute Pollution Exclusion: Limited to Traditional Environmental Catastrophic Events (Reprinted with permission from the March 1, 2010, New Jersey Law Journal. Copyright 2010 ALM Media Properties, LLC).
- Coverage Clarification Needed for “Intentional Wrongs” Exception
- New Jersey Law Journal, 182 N.J.L.J. 546 (Nov. 7, 2005)
- Policyholders May Be On The Hook For Insolvent Insurer: Court Finds Insured Personally Responsible For A Judgment In Excess Of New Jersey’s Guaranty Association Cap New Jersey Law Journal, 180 N.J.L.J 444 (May 9, 2005)
- Nav-Its Follows Morton’s Legacy: Insurance Industry Held Accountable For Presentations To Regulatory Authorities; Absolute Pollution Exclusion Thus Limited To Traditional Environmental Claims
- ABA Coverage Journal, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp.1, 11-20 (July/August 2005)
- Featured contributor to the Library of New Jersey Civil Complaint Forms, published by New Jersey Law Journal Books in Oct. 2009
- Client Advisory, Are You Covered? Insurance for Intellectual Property Claims: Your General Liability Policy May Be Enough. Then Again, It May Not, October 2010,