Tim focuses his practice in the area of estate planning and estate administration. He represents clients in all aspects of estate, trust, and related tax matters, including planning for both simple and complex estates, and probate litigation. Tim assists clients with drafting Last Wills and Testaments, revocable and irrevocable trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, Living Wills and Advance Healthcare Directives. He also assists clients with gifting and transfers of family assets and closely-held businesses.
In the area of estate administration, Tim represents clients in all aspects of probate matters, including intestacy proceedings, probate of Wills, marshaling and inventorying estate assets, preparation and filing of federal and state death tax returns, preparation of formal and informal estate accountings, and the final distribution of estate assets to the beneficiaries and heirs of the estate. He also assists clients with post-mortem estate planning opportunities.
Tim also represents clients in matters regarding trust administration and trust termination by way of informal agreement or formal court applications, including filing of accountings, as well as modification and revocation of Trusts by way of informal agreement or by court application.
- Prosecuted and settled action between siblings involving substantial pre-death transfers by parent favoring one sibling over the other.
- Successfully implemented post-mortem planning for family involving series of qualified disclaimers with court approval.
- Assisted Executor with alternate valuation election following initial onset of COVID-19 where estate’s primary assets consisted of stock of closely-held corporations holding residential rental properties in New York City.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Named to the New Jersey “Super Lawyers” List as a “Rising Star” for Estate Planning and Probate (2021, 2022)