Terry concentrates his practice in the area of corporate and commercial banking law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, commercial lending transactions and the impact of New Jersey’s Industrial Site Recovery Act on business transactions. Terry has provided extended advice and service in the following areas:
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Representation of purchases/sales of privately-owned businesses. Such representation has ranged from sales/purchases of family-owned businesses to large privately-owned entities with particular emphasis in the transportation (trucking and logistics) and food industries (manufacturing and co-packing)
- Commercial Lending. Commercial lending transactions, counseling both national and regional financial institutions as well as privately-owned and publicly-owned borrowers in documenting their primary lending facilities.
- General Corporate Services. Advising and directing businesses in the areas of entity selection, contract preparation/review, and corporate governance. Such representation has ranged from newly formed start-up operations to long established business entities as well as foreign owned U.S. entities.
- ISRA. Provided extensive advice on the potential applicability and impact of New Jersey’s Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA) on business transactions, including sales, closures, mergers, acquisitions and reorganization.
Terry concentrates his practice in the area of corporate and commercial banking law. Examples of corporate matters Terry has handled on behalf of his clients include:
- Purchase and sale of companies in the transportation industry including “LTL” and logistics operations.
- Review of supply, co-pack and manufacturing agreements for the private label food industry.
- Corporate structure and tax advice for various foreign-owned companies setting up operations in the United States.
- ISRA advice in connection with the sale/mergers/divestitures by publicly-owned companies.
- Sale of national refrigerated warehouse operations.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Officer and Director of a national specialty chemical manufacturer; officer of a national laboratory supply and measurement equipment manufacturer/distributor
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Camden County (N.J.) Bar Association
Current Community Board Service:
- Former Legal Counsel and Director of the Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey
- Legal Counsel – Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey
- Member – New Jersey Food Processors Association
- Founding Member – New Jersey Entrepreneurs Network
- Legal Counsel – Johnny M. Foundation
Awards And Recognition
- “Top Attorney” by SJ Magazine for Corporate Law and Banking Law, and for Mergers & Acquisitions (2019)
- Recognized by South Jersey Magazine in its “Awesome Attorneys” edition for Corporate Law
- Recognized by Smart CEO Magazine as a Legal Elite