Suzanne is a trial attorney in the firm’s Litigation Department where she represents plaintiffs and defendants in various personal injury matters. Suzanne’s cases involve catastrophic injuries and wrongful death resulting from automobile and commercial vehicle accidents, work place injuries, slip and falls, product liability, construction accidents, and medical malpractice. She also defends clients against personal injury suits involving industrial equipment, manufacturing machinery, and premises liability. Suzanne has extensive trial and appellate court experience in both federal and state courts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Archer in 2005, Suzanne spent three years as an associate with Crawshaw, Mayfield, Turner, O’Mara, Donnelly & McBride in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. During that time, she litigated cases in a variety of insurance defense practice areas including product liability, personal injury, asbestos litigation, property damage, coverage disputes, and construction litigation. Suzanne’s previous experience as a defense attorney gives her the unique benefit of having litigated cases from both “sides of the fence.”
After graduating from law school, Suzanne began her legal career as a law clerk for Raymond A. Batten, J.S.C. in Cape May County Superior Court.
- Representation of a widow whose 62-year-old husband died after falling from a wheelchair when he was left unattended in a rehabilitation center which resulted in a $6 million jury verdict.
- Representation of a man injured as a result of an electric shock resulting in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which concluded in a $1.2 million dollar settlement.
- Co-counsel in the representation of a woman injured as a result of dental malpractice resulting in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which concluded in a $7 million dollar settlement.
- Representation of a man who died as a result nursing home neglect which concluded in a $500,000 settlement.
- Representation of a man struck by a car while riding his motorcycle resulting in a $200,000 settlement.
- Representation of a woman injured as a result of a slip and fall on ice resulting in a $600,000 settlement.
- Defense of a paper company in a product liability case involving a workplace accident on a printing machine; client, plaintiff’s employer, was successfully dismissed from the case following motion practice involving Laidlaw v. Hariton Machinery Co, Inc. 170 N.J. 602 (2002) issues.
- Defense of a refinery in an alleged naphtha exposure case; case resolved for less than client’s anticipated cost of trial.
- Defense of a bakery/specialty bread plant in a case in which plaintiff severed fingers while using a dough divider; all claims against client were dismissed on summary judgment.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Camden County (N.J.) Bar Association
- Mercer County (N.J.) Bar Association
- My Fathers Hands/Seeds of Hope, Camden, N.J., an outreach ministry to the homeless (Camden, N.J.)
- Fellowship Alliance Chapel, Medford, N.J.
Awards and Recognition
- Named a “Top Attorney” for Personal Injury by SJ Magazine (2015, 2016, 2019, 2021)
- Named an “Awesome Attorney” for Personal Injury by South Jersey Magazine (2015, 2016, 2019-2021)