Steven B. Harz is recognized as one of the New York metropolitan area’s foremost experts in the field of labor and Employment law. His practice for the past 25 years has been concentrated in this specialized area.
Mr. Harz brings vast experience representing clients in every facet of labor and employment law. This includes matters involving federal and state employment discrimination laws, wrongful discharge and failure to hire claims, matters relating to the National Labor Relations Act, unfair labor practice matters, collective bargaining negotiations, grievance arbitrations, and wage and hour laws before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. It also includes providing general legal advice and counsel with respect to all areas regarding the employment relationship, such as the development of employment policies and manuals, and the establishment of employment practices and preventive programs that minimize the potential of litigation. The clients represented by Mr. Harz range in size from large national and multinational manufacturing companies and financial, not-for-profit, and healthcare institutions, to small entrepreneurial businesses.
Mr. Harz’s peers have selected him to be listed as a Super Lawyer every year since the inception of Super Lawyer in 2005.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Appointed by the Governor of the State of New Jersey to serve as a Commissioner on the Palisades Interstate Park Commission
- Co-Chair of the Bergen County Bar Association, Labor Law Committee
- Co-Chair of the Bergen County Bar Association, Professionalism in the Law Committee
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Committee.
- Served as a lecturer and panelist for numerous programs in the area of labor and Employment law
- Mayor of Closter, New Jersey from 1994 through 1998
- Served as Chairman of the New Jersey Supreme Court District Ethics Board