Stacey concentrates her practice in the areas of complex litigation, including mass tort and product liability matters with a specific focus on the environmental issues facing the petroleum industry. Stacey represents large petrochemical companies and provides guidance to her clients on issues ranging from soil and groundwater contamination, natural resources damages, contaminant exposure and cost-recovery. In addition to her litigation focus, Stacey provides advice regarding environmental cleanup, regulatory compliance, property transfer, and state fund reimbursements.
As part of her general litigation practice, Stacey also has considerable experience in guiding her clients through electronic discovery processes in both federal and state courts, providing day to day advice on everything from preservation notices to the efficient management of massive collections throughout the discovery process. Over the past ten years, Stacey has been instrumental in the development of the Litigation Technology Team at Archer which utilizes internal resources and capabilities to collect, process and analyze expansive collections of both paper and electronic documents, assisting clients without the need to rely on vendors and other contracted third-parties.
- Represents international petroleum refiner and supply corporation in federal multi-district and state litigation involving gasoline oxygenate MTBE.
- Advises petroleum remediation services corporation on regulatory compliance issues, property access and cost-recovery matters.
- Represents petroleum companies in property damage matters against claims of nuisance, trespass, diminution and injunctive relief.
- Advised petroleum supply corporation on the transfer of properties and remedial obligations.
- Defended petroleum company in personal injury action claiming neurological impairment from gasoline exposure.
- Represented petroleum companies in multiple PMPA disputes, asserting claims of misbranding and other violations of franchise agreements.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association