Shloka counsels health care industry clients, including hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, physicians, physician practices, and telehealth companies in transactional and regulatory matters. Shloka assists clients with formation of business entities, asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, and Board/governance issues. She also advises clients on a variety of compliance and regulatory matters, including issues involving federal and state regulators, reimbursement issues, managed care contracts, payer issues and disputes, and cybersecurity/privacy laws. Shloka’s practice includes handling state and federal administrative appeals related to enforcement and recovery actions, licensing and certification applications and advice, defending governmental allegations of health care fraud and abuse, and nursing home survey and certification issues.
Prior to joining Archer, Shloka was the Assistant Legal Counsel & Privacy Officer with Community Behavioral Health in Philadelphia and is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Pennsylvania in the Master of Public Health Program.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- “CMS Proposes New Regulations Impacting Hospice Agencies,” Archer & Greiner Client Advisory (August 2023)
- “NJ DOH to Revoke Seven COVID-19 State of Emergency Health Care Facility Waivers,” Archer & Greiner Client Advisory (July 2023)
- “CMS Proposes to Expand Disclosure of Ownership Requirements for Skilled Nursing Facilities,” Archer & Greiner Client Advisory (April 2023)