Shloka counsels health care industry clients, including hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, physicians, physician practices, and telehealth companies in transactional and regulatory matters. Shloka assists clients with formation of business entities, asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, and Board/governance issues. She also advises clients on a variety of compliance and regulatory matters, including issues involving federal and state regulators, reimbursement issues, managed care contracts, payer issues and disputes, and cybersecurity/privacy laws. Shloka’s practice includes handling state and federal administrative appeals related to enforcement and recovery actions, licensing and certification applications and advice, defending governmental allegations of health care fraud and abuse, and nursing home survey and certification issues.
Prior to joining Archer, Shloka was the Assistant Legal Counsel & Privacy Officer with Community Behavioral Health in Philadelphia and is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Pennsylvania in the Master of Public Health Program.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Articles and Presentations
- Presenter, The Affordable Care Act, Health Insurance, and Mental & Behavioral Health Services, Breaking the Silence on Mental Health, Temple University Center for Bioethics, Urban Health and Policy (April 2014)
- Co-Author, Medical-Legal Partnership: Innovative Collaboration in a New Healthcare Environment, 141st Annual Meeting and Expo of the American Public Health Association (November 2013)
- Co-Presenter, Forging Medical Legal Partnerships for Children, One Child, Many Hands: A Multi-Disciplinary Conference on Child Welfare, University of Pennsylvania: The Field Center for Children’s Policy, Practice & Research (May 2013)