Shamila represents a wide range of clients in a variety of corporate matters, including entity formation and dissolution, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, financing and commercial transactions. Counseling both large and small businesses on issues which arise in their daily operations, Shamila regularly assists clients in the preparation, review and negotiation of contracts, including corporate governance documents, such as bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements and resolutions/consents, as well as the preparation of master services agreements and non-disclosure agreements, among others. In addition, Shamila assists clients in various corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases, stock purchases, membership interest purchases, joint ventures and business dissolutions.
Prior to joining Archer, Shamila was an associate in a Manhattan-based law firm focused on business, entertainment, employment and dispute resolution. While in law school, Shamila served as a student attorney for the Trademark Clinic of New York Law School Legal Services, Inc.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- “Recent Updates to the Delaware General Corporation Law,” Archer Client Advisory (October 2022)
- “Delaware Now Allows a Corporation to Protect its Officers from Personal Liability,” Archer Client Advisory (August 2022)
- “New Jersey Now Allows 100% Virtual Shareholders Meetings,” Archer Client Advisory (January 2022)
- “Upcoming Deadline: The Pennsylvania Decennial Report,” Archer Client Advisory (October 2021)