Sarah L. Cranston is a member of Archer’s Estates and Trusts Group, as well as the firm’s Estate and Trust Litigation Group and Elder and Disability Law Group. Sarah’s estate planning practice includes planning for both simple and complex estates, including the drafting of wills, durable powers of attorney, advanced medical directives, and trusts.
Sarah assists families and individuals with estate administration, including intestacy proceedings, probate of Wills, marshaling estate assets and providing an inventory, preparation and filing of Federal Estate, and New Jersey and Pennsylvania inheritance tax returns, preparation of formal and informal estate accountings, and the final distribution of estate assets to the beneficiaries and heirs of the estate.
In her estate and trust litigation practice, Sarah represents clients in probate, general equity, and Orphans’ Court matters, including, but not limited to, accountings, will contests, breach of fiduciary duty actions, trust modifications, and matters involving the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act.
Sarah also counsels clients with elder & disability law issues, providing advice on special needs trusts and their administration, as well as Medicaid planning. As part of this practice, she assists clients with guardianship court applications and Medicaid applications.
- Served as lead counsel in fiercely contested guardianship, successfully resolving the matter in favor of my client.
- Assisted counsel in a contested multi-million dollar trust administration matter that was settled on positive terms for the client.
- Obtained county approval in problematic Medicaid application.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association, Mock Trial Judge (2014-2016)
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- South Jersey Legal Services, Pro Bono Attorney
- Christ Church, Sunday School Teacher, Nomination Committee Member, Former Vestry Member, Stewardship Chair, Woodbury, NJ
Awards and Recognition
Named to Best Lawyers in America as “Ones to Watch” for Trusts and Estates (2021, 2022)
Articles and Presentations
- Estate Planning: What You Need to Know, Samaritan Health (2019, 2020)
- Special Needs Trusts and Public Benefits, Financial Service Professionals-South Jersey Chapter (November 2019)
- Transition to Adulthood, Autism Speaks Town Hall (March 2019)