Sarah concentrates her practice on multi-party litigation in major environmental cases in the state and federal courts. She has experience in complex litigation involving environmental contamination under common law theories and various spill fund legislation, as well as issues of property damage and physical injury as a result of alleged contaminant exposure. She also handles matters dealing with cleanup reimbursement and natural resource damage claims. In addition, Sarah has been involved in cost-recovery and contribution actions under Superfund and regularly counsels clients on complex federal and state environmental regulations.
Prior to joining Archer, Sarah spent several years practicing commercial litigation in the Atlantic City office of a national law firm. She also practiced in the insurance group of a major Philadelphia law firm.
- Representing a client in a complex natural resource damages matter concerning two refinery properties that involved an eight-month bench trial and resulted in the successful negotiation of a settlement.
- Serving as counsel on behalf of a major oil company and assisted in the negotiation of the settlement of a matter involving alleged leaking underground storage tanks, environmental contamination, diminution in property value and personal injury relating to alleged exposure to benzene and MTBE.
- Defending a refinery in an alleged Naphtha exposure case, which resolved for less than anticipated cost of trial.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Atlantic County Bar Association