Sarah’s practice focuses on multi-party litigation and environmental law in major environmental cases in the state and federal courts. She has experience in complex litigation involving environmental issues of soil and groundwater contamination under common law theories and various spill fund legislation, as well as issues of property damage and physical injury as a result of alleged contaminant exposure.
Sarah has worked on matters involving New Jersey’s Spill Compensation and Control Act liability, site remediation, private cost recovery, environmental aspects of transactions, as well as natural resource damages. She also has experience counseling clients on complex federal and state environmental regulations. Sarah has negotiated remediation access agreements with property owners as well as handled claims of alleged contamination made by property owners.
Prior to joining Archer, Sarah spent several years practicing commercial litigation in the Atlantic City office of a national law firm. She also practiced in the insurance and reinsurance group of a major Philadelphia law firm.
Examples of environmental matters Sarah has handled include:
- Handled matters surrounding state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, New Jersey’s Spill Act, Pennsylvania’s Storage Tank Act and CERCLA
- Served as counsel on behalf of a major oil company and assisted in the successful negotiation of the settlement of a matter involving alleged leaking underground storage tanks, environmental contamination, diminution in property value and personal injury relating to alleged exposure to benzene and MTBE
- Counseled clients on the environmental aspects of real estate transactions; and
- Drafted and successfully negotiated remediation and access agreements with property owners
Professional And Community Involvement
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Atlantic County Bar Association
Awards And Recognition
- Recipient, Dean’s Scholarship for Excellence
- Recipient, Thomas J. and Rose Brennan McManus Scholarship