Sal DeBunda has a diverse practice that spans a number of industries. He represents many of the firm’s corporate, healthcare and media clients, as well as significant private and family-owned companies, non-profit organizations, and certain horse ownership, racing interest and trade associations.
Sal has over 50 years of legal and business experience, including several significant positions with media and electronics companies. Some of Sal’s major accomplishments in the legal profession include representing cable television franchisees in obtaining and negotiating cable franchises throughout many jurisdictions in the United States, including the representation and negotiation of the cable franchises for Greater Media, Inc. and Wade Communications, Inc. in the City of Philadelphia.
Sal is a major thoroughbred horse owner and breeder in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He serves as President of the Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association at Philadelphia Park and is a member of the Board of Directors and Vice-President of the National Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association. Sal is also a member of the Board of Directors and former Chairman of the Philly Pops. Sal is currently a member of the Board of Directors and former President of the Longport Seaview Condo Association.
As counsel for the Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association, an organization that represents trainers and owners at Philadelphia Park in Bensalem, P.A., Sal was the primary drafter of the horsemen’s sections of the Pennsylvania Slot Bill, signed in July, 2004.
In 1992, Sal founded a television show called, “Let’s Go Racing.” He is currently Executive Producer of the program, which appears weekly on Channel 17 WPHL TV, serving the Delaware Valley Region.
- Representation of Cable Television Franchisees in obtaining and negotiating Cable Television Franchises in many jurisdictions in the United States, including the states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey and the City of Philadelphia.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 company based in Philadelphia in over 50 acquisitions of food service, facilities management and uniform service companies.
- Representation as General Counsel of Stock Exchange listed companies supplying supplies and services to the U.S. Defense Department, including all of their securities filings and supervision of their government contracting efforts.
- Media and entertainment consulting and legal services to television and radio stations, cable television operators and suppliers and movie theatre operators throughout the United States.
- Representation for over 20 years of an entity managing over 120 private trusts with extensive real estate and coal holdings and over $500,000,000 in investments, including a school for disadvantaged children and a world famous eye hospital.
- Representation of Pennsylvania’s largest association of thoroughbred horse owners and trainers in various legal and regulatory matters.
- Primary drafter of the Horsemen’s Sections of the Pennsylvania Slot Bill signed in July of 2004.
- Corporate representation of a major public transportation company in the City of Philadelphia.
- Corporate representation of a major public parking agency in the City of Philadelphia.
- Corporate representations of significant private, public and family owned companies, non-profit organizations and certain horse ownership, racing interest and trade associations.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association, Board Member since 1995, First Vice-President 1995-2010, President 2011 to Present
- The Philly Pops – Board Member and Chairman 2013-2017, Chairman Emeritus 2017-Present
- Longport Seaview Condominium Association – Board Member and President 2008-2014; Board Member and Vice-President 2014-2016; Board Member 2016-Present
- Let’s Go Racing, Executive Producer 1992 to Present
- Appointed to Governor-elect Tom Wolf’s Department of Agriculture’s Transition Committee, 2015
- Vice President of the National Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association 2015–Present
- Appointed by Governor Tom Wolf to the new Pennsylvania Racing Commission, 2016-Present
Awards and Recognition
- PTHA Man of the Year (2005)
- Parx Racing Hall of Fame (2013) – Special Achievement (PTHA President)
- Parx Racing Hall of Fame (2017) – Owner
- Philadelphia SmartCEO magazine’s 2014 Circle of Excellence Award Winner for nonprofit leadership
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who in Entertainment
- Who’s Who in Finance and Industry