Robert W. Bucknam, Jr. is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and the Chair of the firm’s Land Use, Environmental Permitting and Regulatory Compliance Group and Co-Chair of the firm’s Energy and Utilities Group. Mr. Bucknam’s legal practice is concentrated in the area of land use planning, zoning, environmental law and permitting, energy law, utilities law, redevelopment law, administrative agency permitting and regulatory compliance at all governmental levels, real estate transactions and financing, and related litigation. He regularly appears before municipal planning boards, zoning boards of adjustment, governing bodies, and county, regional and State agencies and authorities throughout the State of New Jersey and in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Bucknam’s extensive experience has included obtaining approvals for and developing or implementing some of the most significant projects in New Jersey and the Delaware Valley in the past 35 years, including electric generation and co-generation facilities, solid waste management facilities, electrical switching stations and substations, interstate pipeline facilities, industrial parks, hospitals, schools, major commercial and residential developments, redevelopment of Brownfield and blighted areas, alternative and renewable energy facilities, establishment of fish and wetlands habitat areas, creation of wetland mitigation banks, forestry and woodland management plans, and open space preservation projects.
A magna cum laude graduate of Lycoming College, Mr. Bucknam received his J.D. degree from Villanova University School of Law. He has frequently lectured and written on various topics related to the practice areas described above.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of Atlantic County, Camden County, Philadelphia, New Jersey State, Pennsylvania, and American Bar Associations
- New Jersey State Bar Association Land Use Law Section Board of Trustees: Secretary: May 2015 – April 2016; Vice Chair: May 2016 – May 2017; Chair: June 2017 – May 2018
- New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Section Board of Trustees: June 2013 – May 2017
- New Jersey State Bar Association General Council
- Atlantic County Bar Association Delegate: September 2014 – Present
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- American Association for Justice – New Jersey
- American Association for Justice – Pennsylvania
- Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation Board of Trustees: September 2016 – Present
- Greater Hammonton Chamber of Commerce
Board of Trustees: May 1987 – Present
Second Vice President: May 1995 – April 1999
First Vice President: May 1999 – April 2003
General Counsel: May 2003 – Present
- Habitat For Humanity Atlantic County
Board of Trustees: February 2008 – June 2016
General Counsel: January 2012 – May 2017
- Lycoming College Board of Trustees: October 2019 – Present