Bob is Chair of Archer’s Land Use, Environmental Permitting and Regulatory Compliance Group and Co-Chair of the firm’s Energy and Utilities Group. He represents clients in a broad array of matters regarding land use planning, zoning, environmental law and permitting, energy & utilities law, redevelopment law, administrative agency permitting and regulatory compliance, real estate transactions and financing, and related litigation. He regularly appears before municipal planning boards, zoning boards of adjustment, governing bodies, and county, regional and state agencies and authorities throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Drawing on his over 35 years of experience, Bob assists clients in navigating the legal, regulatory, and ever-increasing political challenges inherent in the entitlement of high-profile and complex development projects. He looks at clients’ land use and development needs from multiple perspectives and helps to guide them by providing comprehensive, efficient solutions. He is a trusted strategist for his clients, advising them as they work through federal, state, and local regulatory and entitlement processes related to their developments.
Bob has the ability to distill complicated concepts into practical business strategies and solutions that he applies for his clients to achieve favorable outcomes. He has obtained approvals for, and developed or implemented, some of the most significant projects in New Jersey and the Delaware Valley over the past 35 years. In land use matters, Bob delivers projects that his clients are passionate about, which include electric generation and co-generation facilities, solid waste management facilities, electrical switching stations and substations, interstate pipeline facilities, industrial parks, hospitals, schools, major commercial and residential developments, redevelopment of Brownfield and blighted areas, alternative and renewable energy facilities, establishment of fish and wetlands habitat areas, creation of wetland mitigation banks, forestry and woodland management plans, and open space preservation projects.
Clients appreciate Bob’s proven ability, experience, and network of relationships and resources to achieve results for his clients both in strong real estate markets, as well as during more challenging times. During economic downturns, he helps his clients navigate entitlement delays and other obstacles that could otherwise impede his clients’ goals. He works with his clients, jurisdictions, and oversight agencies to adapt the project and permitting and entitlement strategy to changing markets and conditions, including modifying or repurposing existing entitlements to fit the client’s needs.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Atlantic County Bar Association Delegate (September 2014 – Present)
- Camden County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association Land Use Law Section Board of Trustees – Secretary (May 2015 – April 2016); Vice Chair (May 2016 – May 2017); Chair (June 2017 – May 2018); Environmental Law Section Board of Trustees (June 2013 – May 2017); General Council
- American Association for Justice – New Jersey; New York (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation Board of Trustees (September 2016 – Present)
- Greater Hammonton Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trustees (May 1987 – Present); General Counsel (May 2003 – Present); Second Vice President (May 1995 – April 1999); First Vice President (May 1999 – April 2003)
- Habitat for Humanity-Atlantic County, Board of Trustees (February 2008 – June 2016); General Counsel (January 2012 – May 2017)
- Lycoming College Board of Trustees (October 2019 – Present)