Bob handles all manner of complex litigation in state and federal courts in New Jersey and other jurisdictions. He serves as Chair of the firm’s Business Litigation and Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Groups, representing clients in various industries, including a deep involvement in the computer and high technology sectors. He is actively involved in advising and litigating on behalf of companies in matters regarding anti-trust and trade regulation, technology development contracts and arrangements, technology product performance issues, corporate governance, shareholder and partner disputes, and cybersecurity counseling and data breach response. In addition, he handles a variety of general commercial disputes across several industries.
Clients appreciate Bob’s strategic approach to litigation, and his desire to develop an understanding of their view of the litigation and dispute resolution process. With his years of experience as a litigator and understanding of the court room experience, he gets his clients the results they want. Always wanting to see thing’s from his clients’ perspective, he is upfront about the time, resources, and costs involved. His goal is to give clients the information they need to understand clearly the available paths forward, and with his help, to choose the best one based on their particular goals and needs.
As a member of the firm’s Trade Secret Protection and Non-Compete Group, Bob also assists clients with matters that arise from the potential and actual defection of employees to competitors, including non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure issues, as well as matters concerning trade secret and information security, the duty of loyalty, piracy, recruitment and other business torts. Bob has served as lead counsel in over fifty cases involving claims of trade secret infringement or violations of non-competition agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Served as lead counsel for a Fortune 500 provider of enterprise communications systems in a series of antitrust and intellectual property cases involving software access issues.
- Served as lead counsel for a manufacturer of communications systems in several cases involving counterfeit products and components.
- Served as lead counsel for a manufacturer of specialty language and literary-based electronic devices in several cases involving product performance, product distribution and intellectual property content.
- Defending a worldwide manufacturer of household products against a claim of misappropriation of product ideas.
- Defending and prosecuting claims for copyright infringement and licensing disputes relating to literary content.
- Serving as lead counsel for a major power utility defending claims by a putative class concerning the alleged improper location of residential gas meters.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section; Intellectual Property Law Section; Forum Committee on Franchising; Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Internet and Computer Law Special Committee; Intellectual Property Special Committee; Business and Commercial Litigation Committee
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Federal Bench Bar Committee of the Camden County Bar Association
- Medford Celebrates, Inc., President and Trustee
- Medford (NJ) Business Association, Trustee
- YMCA Camp Okanickon, Inc. (Director)
- Medford (NJ) Youth Athletic Association, Inc., Trustee and VP
- Burlington County (NJ) Republican County Committee
- “Combating Cyber Threats In The Age Of COVID-19“, Chief Executive (May 2020)
- “Trends in Cybersecurity Litigation”, Co-author: Nicholas Franchetti,The Barrister CCBA (December 2019)
- “Legal Risks Expand for Directors Who Fail to Monitor Companies’ Cybersecurity Practices and Compliance“, Co-author: Nicholas Franchetti, New Jersey Law Journal (November 2019)
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Issues For The Transactional Attorney, CCBA The Barrister (June 2019)
Past Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- Protecting Customer Data: Responsibilities and Liabilities; Webinar, New Jersey Chamber of Commerce (February 2023)
- Don’t Be FLEXible with Your Security: A Case Study in Cyber Security; Cherry Hill, NJ (January 2020)
- Cyber Security; Are You And Your Business Protected?; Mt. Laurel, NJ (November 2018)
- Cyber Fraud in the Real Estate Industry; Information Management Network (IMN) 7th Annual Real Estate CFO & COO Forum (East); New York, NY (September 2018)
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity: A Legal Overview for Small, Emerging and Medium Businesses; Medford NJ Business Association, Legal Seminar Series, Medford, NJ (June 2018)
- 2018 NJBIA Cybersecurity Summit: The Internet of Things – Transforming Your Business; Newark, NJ (June 2018)
- Join Us! Cybersecurity Not-For-Profit Roundtable; Presented by Holman Frenia Allison, PC and TD Bank, Mount Laurel, NJ; (June 2018)
- Cyber Security Awareness; Presented by Wells Fargo Bank, Haddon Township, NJ (March 2018)
- Cyber Security; Presented by NJBIZ, Somerset, NJ; (February 2018)
- Cyber Security Awareness; Wells Fargo Breakfast Program Princeton, NJ (September 2017)
- Competition and Confidentiality Issues; National Business Institute Seminar Series Cherry Hill, NJ (June 2017)
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity for Small and Emerging Businesses; Cherry Hill, NJ; Morgan Stanley Special Program (May 2017)
- Data Privacy, Cybersecurity & Information Governance – Legal Overview and Best Practices for Law Firm Compliance, Archer & Greiner Seminar Series, Tavistock, NJ (December 2016)
- Cybercrime: Facts, Threats and Countermeasures; Rowan University College of Science and Mathematics, Glassboro, NJ (December 2016)
- When Pride of Authorship is Appropriate – Improving Efficacy in Brief Writing & Oral Advocacy, Camden County Bar Association, Career Development Series (Cherry Hill, NJ; November 2016)
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity – An Overview of the Law for Small and Medium Businesses; Medford (NJ) Business Association Business/Legal Seminar Series (November 2016)