Rob Ransom concentrates his practice in the areas of land use, planning and zoning, real estate acquisition, environmental permitting, and regulatory compliance. Rob regularly represents property owners and developers before municipal planning boards and zoning boards of adjustment, governing bodies, county boards, and regional agencies and authorities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In addition, Rob’s extensive experience includes representing publicly traded and private companies in land use and energy matters involving affordable housing developments, residential subdivisions, large-scale warehouses, manufacturing and industrial parks, distribution centers, fulfillment facilities, solar power facilities, and natural gas pipelines.
Prior to joining the firm, Rob worked as a law clerk to the Honorable Michael J. Blee, P.J.S.C., in the Criminal and Chancery Divisions of the Superior Court of New Jersey. Following that, he clerked for the Honorable Jerome Simandle, U.S.D.J., at the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. In these experiences, he reviewed and made recommendations on a variety of motions and drafted opinions and orders.
During law school, Rob interned with the Hon. Eduardo Robreno, U.S.D.J., at the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania. In addition to working for Archer as a summer associate, Rob worked as a summer associate for another prominent regional law firm during law school. In his third year at Rutgers Law, Rob was selected by the Eagleton Institute of Politics for an esteemed academic and leadership fellowship, which presented him with the opportunity to intern with the New Jersey Housing Mortgage and Finance Agency.
Before embarking on his legal career, Rob worked for a Washington, D.C. based commercial real estate development firm that specialized in the financing and development of mixed-use and mixed-income commercial development.
- Served as lead land use attorney in successful applications for permits and approvals to allow for South Jersey’s first outdoor beer garden
- Key member of legal team that successfully obtained permits and approvals in connection with a 150-unit affordable housing project
- Key member of legal team that successfully obtained permits and approvals to allow for the development of an expansion to the Cumberland county Technical Education Center
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Young Lawyers Committee, Garden State Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, Garden State Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Diversity Law Group Alumni Association
- Member, Burlington Camden Achievement Foundation
- Member, Eagleton Institute of Politics Alumni Association
- Former Board Member, Eagleton Institute of Politics Alumni Association
- Former Recruitment Committee Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Former Board of Trustees Member, LEAP Academy University Charter School
Awards and Recognition
- New Jersey Law Journal New Leader of the Bar (2019)
- Named as a Rising Star for Land Use/Zoning, New Jersey’s Top Attorneys Listing, New Jersey Monthly Super Lawyers (2019)
- LEAP Academy University Charter School Alumni “Hall of Fame” (2018)
- Rutgers-Camden Chancellor’s Award for Alumni Civic Engagement (2018)
- Archer & Greiner Diversity Scholarship Recipient (2014-2016)
- Philadelphia Diversity Law Group Fellow (2013)