For 40 years Bob has been engaged in jury trial litigation. His primary emphasis has been with Personal Injury related trial work in both State and Federal Courts. With a background in medicine and anatomy, he has specialized in the general areas of Insurance Litigation, Contract Interpretation, Workers’ Compensation and a wide spectrum of bodily injury claims. He has been a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey from the original certification class in 1982 continuously to the present.
He is certified as a Mediator by the State of New Jersey and an Arbitrator by the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He has a substantial practice in arbitrating and mediating a wide variety of cases designated by the Court and/or by fellow counsel.
Bob received his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Gettysburg College in 1968 where he was Editor-in-Chief of the College newspaper. He received his Juris Doctor in 1971 from Rutgers University where he was a published editor of the Law Journal. He took a position at Archer in 1971 and has been a partner since 1976. Bob has been and continues to be active in both County and State Bar Associations serving at various times as a Trustee of the Camden County Bar Association and currently holding the position of Ombudsman. He was the Chair of the Executive Committee of the Civil Trial Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He was honored in 2007 with the James J. McLaughlin Professionalism Award by the Civil Trial Bar Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Bob was a Trustee of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey and an original founding member of the Camden Chapter of the American Inns of Court. He was an inaugural member of the American Board of Trial Advocates serving as Chapter President from 1992 – 1997. He has taught as an Adjunct Professor of Law Trial Practice at Rutgers, the State of New Jersey from 1992 – 1996.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Camden County Bar Association (Trustee 1989, 1992) (2001 – 2004) (Ombudsman 2006-Present)
- Personal Injury Law Committee, Chair, 1989-1992
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Vice Chairman 1982-1984), Chairman 1984-1986) Executive Committee, Civil Trial Section
- Civil Practice Section General Counsel Delegate (1984-1988)
- New Jersey Supreme Court Civil Practice Committee 1984-1988
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey District IV Ethics Committee – 2004 – 2009
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Rutgers State University, Trial Advocacy (1992-1996)
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (Trustee 1988-1992)
- American Inns of Court, Camden Chapter
(Original founding member of Camden Chapter; Master 1989-present) (President 1999-2002)
- American Board of Trial Advocates – South Jersey Chapter President – 1992 – 1997
- Chair, Haddonfield Community Disputes Resolution Committee 1992 – present
- Pro Bono Counsel; Planned Parenthood, Greater Camden Area; Board Chair (3 terms)
Awards and Recognition
- Named as “Super Lawyer” by New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Honoree of the James J. McLaughlin Professionalism Award, 2007- Civil Trial Bar Section, NJ State Bar Association
- Awarded Super Lawyer Award for General Litigation by New Jersey Monthly Magazine (2005-2011)
- Named a “Top Attorney” for Arbitration/Mediation by South Jersey Magazine (2006-2011); Workers’ Compensation (2014, 2019)
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney by Supreme Court of New Jersey, Board on Trial Attorney Certified 1982 (original class)
- Recertified as Certified Civil Trial Attorney 1989, 1996, 2003 and 2008
- Certified as Mediator, State of New Jersey
- Certified as United States District Court Arbitrator
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
Articles and Presentations
- As Associate Editor, Rutgers Camden Law Journal 1971: Unauthorized Practice of Law by Real Estate Brokers in the State of New Jersey
- Issue Editor, New Jersey Law Journal, May 1985, Number 11: No-Fault Insurance
- Frequent lecture on Issues of Motor Vehicle Law; Tort Law in general; Pre-trial and trial practice; Arbitration, Mediation and Alternate Dispute Resolution