Rob is an authority on immigration and nationality law. He counsels employers on the full spectrum of immigration matters. Rob works closely with in-house counsel, human resources and talent acquisition professionals, foreign nationals, managers, and compliance officers. Rob’s extensive experience includes, among other areas, E, H, J, L, O, P, and TN non-immigrant and EB-1, PERMs, immigrant visas, EB 5 Immigrant Investor Visa, J-1 waivers and Outbound issues. He also represents clients in I-9 audits, complex immigration cases, consular processing and immigration ramifications of criminal charges. He also represents families in all types of immigration proceedings, naturalization and political asylum applicants, as well as respondents in deportation and immigration appellate proceedings. Rob advises and represents employers and individuals before the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Department of Labor and the US Department of State.
Rob serves as immigration counsel for clients in a variety of industries, and has significant specific experience assisting clients in the sports industry. Rob serves as outside immigration counsel to several NHL franchises and additionally represents clients in professional football, baseball, soccer and golf. Rob also represents the athletic departments of colleges and universities in immigration and related compliance issues for their foreign athletes.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Articles and Presentations
- Radio Interview: “Inside the Huddle” with host Ken Hartman on Indiana’s WILO Radio
- Podcast: Business College of Sports with Advice for International Student Athletes on NIL
- Foreign Work Force Helps Sustain Our Local Businesses, The Legal Intelligencer, September 7, 2017.
- Webinar: Pre-Immigration Tax Planning: Fundamental Framework and Important Issues Explored
- Podcast: Your Life, Your Wealth – Episode 63
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Editor) – “Immigration Options for Artists & Entertainers, 2nd Edition”
- Immigration Dispatch: H-1B Visa – 2016 Filing Season