Nicholas L. DePaolo is a member of Archer’s Real Estate Group. Nicholas counsels clients in all aspects of commercial real estate acquisitions, sales, leasing, financing, and redevelopment. He also has experience assisting clients with corporate transactions, licensing, and business entity formations.
Before joining Archer, Nicholas was a real estate and corporate law attorney at a mid-size New Jersey law firm. Prior to that, Nicholas served as a Deputy Attorney General in the State of New Jersey Office of the Attorney General in Trenton and clerked for the Honorable James. W. Palmer, Jr., J.S.C., in the Law Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey. While with the State of New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Nicholas acted as Counsel to the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority, New Jersey Economic Development Authority, and the Department of Property Management and Construction. During that time, his representations also included the State House Commission, State Leasing and Space Utilization Committee and Residential Housing Management Board.
Nicholas received his Juris Doctor from Rutgers School of Law, where he was a staff editor of the Rutgers Law Record and served as a clinical law student in the school’s Community & Transactional Lawyering Clinic.
- Represented the State of New Jersey in the sale of approximately 300 acres of land to be redeveloped for a wide range of uses, including commercial, retail, healthcare, entertainment and residential/affordable housing.
- Representation of municipalities and private redevelopers in the negotiation of redevelopment and financial agreements for large-scale, mixed-used redevelopment projects.
- Represented the State of New Jersey in the sale of an electrical distribution system to a public utility.
- Representation of both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases, including office, warehouse, and industrial space.
- Representation of both buyers and sellers in asset sales/acquisitions, including the sale and assignment of franchises and pharmacy acquisitions by a Fortune 500 company.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Monmouth-Ocean Development Council, Economic Development Committee
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author, “Planting the Seed for A Greener New Jersey: The Intersection of Legal Cannabis and Real Estate in the Garden State (Part 2),” Real Estate NJ (February 2021)
- Co-author, “Planting the Seed for A Greener New Jersey: The Intersection of Legal Cannabis and Real Estate in the Garden State (Part 1),” Real Estate NJ (January 2021)