Nick has over 25 years of experience representing businesses and individuals in a wide range of commercial and real estate litigation matters, business and real estate transactions, real estate tax assessment appeals, and family law matters in state and federal courts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Nick has extensive experience handling various commercial transactional and litigation matters involving contracts, leases and other commercial agreements, general business transactions, payment collection and payment disputes, business torts, mergers and acquisitions, financing, and consumer fraud. Additionally, Nick handles litigation involving real estate transactions such as real estate contractual disputes, boundary disputes, property grading and drainage problems, construction defects, easement issues, and environmental issues. He also regularly represents entities in the preparation, review, negotiation and enforcement of contracts, leases and agreements relating to a variety of transactions. Nick’s involvement in such diverse matters also includes assisting clients in real estate transactions relating to both the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate, and the negotiation and preparation of commercial and residential leases.
Nick also represents commercial and industrial property owners in complex real estate tax assessment appeals in Pennsylvania, many times initiated by local School Districts seeking to increase a taxpayer’s real estate tax assessment. He provides advice and real estate tax assessment analysis to property owners at all stages of the tax appeal process. Nick also assists with complex tax appeal issues in New Jersey.
A significant portion of Nick’s business counseling practice is dedicated to representing clients with the acquisition and maintenance of New Jersey “A-901” licenses, which are the regulatory licenses required for the brokering, collection, transportation and disposal of solid and hazardous waste materials. He also represents clients in the defense of claims involving alleged failure to obtain required regulatory permission to operate in the solid and hazardous waste industry. In the licensing process, Nick also handles the negotiation and review of the resulting contracts and related documents for transportation and disposal situations.
Additionally, Nick has been representing individuals in family law matters throughout his career. Acting on behalf of his clients, he provides litigation services and assistance in matters pertaining to divorce, child custody disputes, child support issues, property division, alimony, guardianship, spousal support and domestic violence.
- Represented a mid-sized professional association with the successful completion of a large refinancing transaction involving multiple loans, several entities and properties.
- Represents several mid-sized companies with regular and diverse contractual and employee matters.
- Served as local counsel for a large corporation in litigation involving the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and claims involving natural resource damage.
- Represented a technology-based company in successfully resolving multiple potential disputes with sub-contractors related to customer non-payment matters.
- Negotiated and monitored a complex multi-million dollar construction contract for residential construction.
- Represented an adult day medical care facility in a company ownership litigation resulting in a long-term settlement approach.
- Assisted large non-profit annual music event in the coordination, review, drafting and negotiation of contractual agreements, including artist and talent agreements, equipment contracts, vendor contracts and other required documents.
- Represented an A-901 license applicant faced with a disqualifying crime. Successfully established rehabilitation resulting in the achievement of their license status.
- Provides ongoing regulatory compliance and annual reporting counsel to mid-to-large sized licensed A-901 solid and hazardous waste broker.
- Represents out-of-state solid waste transporter and broker on an ongoing basis handling A-901 license regulatory compliance and annual reporting.
- Successfully represented a landowner with easement rights to maintain access to a residential property.
- Represented client in a multi-million dollar divorce matter with successful negotiation of a comprehensive settlement.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Family Law Committee, Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Former Chair, Civil Practice Committee, Hunterdon County Bar Association (2004-2010)
- Member, Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Trustees, Oak Hill Golf Club, Milford, New Jersey
Awards and Recognition
- Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers List as a “Rising Star” for General Litigation (2006 – 2009)