Niall O’Brien concentrates his practice in the areas of land use, planning and zoning, real estate acquisition, environmental permitting, and regulatory compliance at the local, regional and state governmental levels. Niall regularly represents corporate and individual clients before municipal planning boards and zoning boards of adjustment, governing bodies, county boards, and regional and state agencies in New Jersey and Pennsylvania in connection with the acquisition, development and use of property.
Niall has significant experience representing residential and commercial developers in all phases of development, from pre-acquisition analysis for development potential and title, environmental, and other constraints through the application and development process. Niall has assisted with the development of healthcare and educational facilities, industrial, commercial, office and retail development and residential subdivisions and single family homes.
Another area of Niall’s practice is New Jersey and Pennsylvania liquor licensing law. Niall provides counsel in connection with the scope of licenses and has assisted in the acquisition and transfer of liquor licenses and in defending and negotiating pleas in connection with violation notices for all types of licensed establishments. Niall has also assisted non licensed clients in obtaining special permits for the temporary sale of alcohol at charitable and other social events.
- Assisted client in acquiring property and obtaining land use and regulatory approvals for now-completed Somerset County cancer treatment facility.
- Assisted regional electric utility in obtaining approvals for station upgrades in Camden and Burlington Counties in connection with utility’s regional transmission planning.
- Represented county college client in successful Capital Projects Review application for campus expansion in Burlington County.
- Represented client in successful applications for expansion of Moorestown nonprofit academic institution.
- Assisted national retailer in obtaining approvals for Gloucester County store.
- Negotiated sale of Medford Township property to State of New Jersey Green Acres Program.
- Represented broad array of clients in obtaining approvals for Solar and other Renewable Energy Facilities.
- Negotiated settlement of various New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control violations.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Regularly participates in the Firm’s Master Sponsorship of the annual Atlantic Builders Convention and Participates in sponsorship of the annual New Jersey Apartment Association Convention and participates in Wetlands Institute events
- Attends Burlington and Camden County Red Cross events
- Active in Burlington County Chamber of Commerce and Businesses Committed to Burlington County events
- Member of Camden County, Burlington County, NJ State Bar Association (Land Use Section and Local Government Section) and American Bar Associations