Mike focuses his practice in the areas of civil, commercial, and chancery litigation in both New York and New Jersey state and federal courts. He represents corporate and individual clients through the entire litigation process ranging from assisting clients in resolving disputes prior to the commencement of legal proceedings to preparing and arguing appeals. Mike’s practice includes representing corporate clients in federal court in actions alleging claims for false advertising, trademark infringement and copyright infringement under both federal and state law, including the Lanham Act, New Jersey unfair competition statute, and Consumer Fraud Act. Mike also has experience in the laws governing the workplace and has litigated matters involving employment, non-competition and non-disclosure agreements. In addition, Mike has represented and counseled clients on issues including shareholder disputes, contract rights, and mortgage foreclosures.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike gained experience in the chambers of the Honorable Robert P. Contillo, P.J.Ch. While in law school, Mike served as an Articles Editor for the Pace Law Review, and served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Adlai S. Hardin, Jr., United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York (Ret.).
- Obtained temporary restraints on behalf of an oppressed minority shareholder that ultimately led to a favorable settlement on the client’s behalf.
- Represented closely held corporation related to contract dispute arising out of exclusivity clause.
- Obtained dismissal of a construction lien claim in excess of one million dollars through motion practice.
- Achieved favorable resolution to business dispute prior to commencing litigation that allowed the parties to continue working with one another.
- Obtained an order granting summary judgment on behalf of a corporate client in breach of contract dispute.
- Successfully tried a case to conclusion in our client’s favor related to his sale of a business.
- Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctive relief on behalf of a corporate client that prevented a competitor from using an infringing trademark.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Justice Morris Pashman Inn of Court
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association