A highly responsive and knowledgeable advocate, Michael focuses his practice in the area of commercial litigation in New Jersey and New York state and federal courts. He handles a variety of matters, including contract disputes, non-compete litigation, business tort claims, and shareholder disputes. Michael also has experience handling commercial landlord/tenant disputes and employment matters. Michael is highly valued for his ability to put a strategy in play that considers all options for a successful outcome. He always looks for the calm in the storm and helps clients navigate through difficult situations with as little stress as possible. Michael is also sought after for appellate representation. He has successfully briefed and argued appellate matters before the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
Easy to work with, Michael takes great pride in building close working relationships with his clients. He approaches each case with his clients’ goals top of mind helping them take the shortest possible route to resolution, so they can get back to doing business.
Following law school, Michael served as law clerk to the Honorable Roger W. Daley, J.S.C. (Ret.) in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County.
- Successfully tried case on behalf of restauranteurs, defeating landlord’s claim on personal guarantee for $1.5 million and proving that landlord failed to make diligent efforts to mitigate its alleged damages.
- Won appeal and successfully defended judgment on behalf of property owner on claims against buyers who failed to comply with real estate contract.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of information technology staffing company, dismissing defendant employee’s counterclaims for alleged violations of the New Jersey Wage Payment Law.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of medical transportation company on its claims against former employees for unfair competition and tortious interference.
- Represented information technology staffing companies in disputes concerning non-compete covenants; obtained favorable settlements for clients at mediation.
- Represented engineering company in complex dispute over the purchase of business; obtained favorable judgment at arbitration.
- Obtained temporary restraints on behalf of oppressed restaurant business owner.
- Obtained an award of attorney’s fees and costs and favorable settlement for client in dispute concerning management of movie theater business.
- Represented international jewelry retailer in dispute concerning copyright and trade dress infringement claims.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Founding Fellow, Advocati Christi Catholic Lawyers Fellowship