Practicing law for more than 30 years, Lori expertly unties the administrative and regulatory knots that frustrate and plague the business community. She brings a deep level of experience, knowledge and insight to matters involving the New Jersey Departments of Community Affairs, Banking & Insurance, Environmental Protection, Health, Human Services, Labor, Transportation and Treasury, as well as the state’s professional Licensing Boards and the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Lori has divided her career nearly evenly between the public and private sectors and is an expert in government affairs. Prior to joining Archer’s Hackensack office in 2015, Lori served Governors from both sides of the aisle:
From 2010 to 2012, Lori served as the Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, a Cabinet appointment, and she supervised the creation of approximately 3,000 units of affordable housing and managed 2,200 annual grant programs involving nearly $500 million.
From 2002 to 2003, Lori served as Chief of Staff to the New Jersey Attorney General. In that capacity, she was responsible for managing the Department of Law & Public Safety, a department then comprised of more than 9,500 employees (including 800 attorneys), as well as for the civil representation of the State of New Jersey and overseeing the state’s criminal prosecution efforts.
For nearly 10 years, she served as a special assistant district attorney in the Homicide Investigation Unit of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office for two years and a senior assistant district attorney in the office of the Brooklyn District Attorney from 1989-1997, where she specialized in homicide and gang-related prosecutions.
Lori has received appointments by the Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court to a number of important attorney committees, including the Committee for Women and the Courts and the State Domestic Violence Working Group. She also served as a member of the District 5A Attorney Ethics Committee from 2008 to 2010.
She is listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the area of Administrative Law. In 2017, she was named by Inside Jersey as one of ‘New Jersey’s Top Lawyers’. Recently, she was selected as one of ‘New Jersey’s Women Leaders in the Law’ based on her AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking of both ethical standards and legal ability that Martindale awards. She has twice been named by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s “50 Most Powerful People in Real Estate,” and in 2008 she was named by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s “Best 50 Women in Business. ”
A graduate of Boston College School of Law, Lori served as law clerk to Judge Elbert Tuttle of the Superior Court of Massachusetts. She earned her B.A., cum laude, from Rutgers University, where she was a Henry Rutgers Thesis Scholar and member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Supreme Court District 5-A Ethics Committee 2008-2010
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee State Domestic Violence Working Group, 2007-2010
- Advisory Council to the New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission Chairperson, 2005 to 2009
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey Board of Trustees, 2003-2006
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee for Women in the Courts, 2002-2006
- PlanSmart, NJ, Board Member, 2014-2015
- NJ Community Development Corporation, Paterson, NJ, Board Member & Secretary, 2012 – Present
- Community Hope, Inc. Parsippany, NJ, Advisory Board Member, 2012 – Present
- Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors, Newark, 2008-2010
- DARE NJ Board of Directors, 2002-2007
Awards and Recognition
- Named to ROI-NJ Influencers: Real Estate List (2020)
- Named to Best Lawyers in America for Administrative/Regulatory Law & Government Contracts (2020-2022)
- Named to “New Jersey’s Top Lawyers” list by Inside Jersey (2017)
- Named to “New Jersey’s 50 Most Powerful People in Real Estate” list by NJBIZ (2010, 2011)
- Named to “New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business” list by NJBIZ (2008)