Lisa is a member of the Corporate Department and Health Care and Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Groups. She draws on her health care knowledge to assist physicians, physician groups, acute care and long-term care facilities with their transactional, regulatory, compliance and licensure needs.
Lisa has acted as outside general counsel to a hospital client, advising it on compliance programs and policies, as well as issues regarding medical staff bylaws, physician contracting, HIPAA, EMTALA, Stark, Anti-kickback and managed care contracting. Lisa has assisted various clients in forming ventured ambulatory care facilities; drafted private securities offerings; negotiated payor agreements; and negotiated and drafted employment agreements, recruitment agreements, asset purchase agreements, separation agreements, equipment, employee and space leases, and management and administrative services agreements. She works with clients on the formation and re-structuring of business entities, including professional corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and non-profit and business corporations; has worked on hospital and other health care provider mergers and acquisitions; and provides clients with regulatory advice under licensing regulations, conditions of participation, and state and federal fraud and abuse law.
- Asset and stock purchase agreements for purchase or sale of healthcare facilities, including imaging centers, assisted living facilities, long term care facilities, adult medical day care centers.
- Change of ownership applications for healthcare facilities, including New Jersey Department of Health license applications and all ancillary licenses, registrations and permits.
- Sale of a physician practice to a hospital and physician employment contract.
- Formation of a freestanding proton beam cancer treatment center in New Jersey.
- Formation and relocation of ambulatory care facilities
- Creation of healthcare service firms.
- Physician recruitment and employment agreements within confines of the Stark law and anti-kickback statute, as well as their state corollaries.
- Advice on record retention requirements for clinical laboratories, hospitals and other health care facilities and physician groups.
- HIPAA privacy and security work for healthcare clients and their business associates, including notices of privacy practices, review of policies and procedures, advice of contracting issues and business associate agreements.
- Asset and stock purchase agreements for health care facilities and physician groups.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Health and Hospital Law Section
- Member of Fisher Middle School PTO
- Vice President of Board of Ewing Public Education Foundation
Awards and Recognition
- Named to “Awesome Attorney” list for Health and Administrative Law by South Jersey Magazine (2013-2014, 2016-2020)
- Named a “Best Attorney in Business” for Health Care by Philly Biz Magazine (2016)
Articles and Presentations
- Speaker, Minimize Risk, Maximize Trust: Lessons in Cyber Security, Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce (March 2018)
- “Responding to Data Breaches,” New Jersey Lawyer (December 2016)
- Presenter, Care Giver Webinar – New Jersey CARE Act, New Jersey Hospital Association (April 2015)
- Presenter, Compliance Issues for Hospital Trustees, New Jersey Hospital Association Hospital Trustee Webinar (May 2015)
- Co-presenter, The Sale of a Health Care Facility, New Jersey State Bar Association Health Law Institute (November 2013)
- “Navigating Hospital Provider-Based Billing,” New Jersey Law Journal (September 2012)
- Co-author, “Are Antitrust Actions Worth Pursuing?” Outpatient Surgery Magazine (April 2010)
- Co-author, “Battleground New Jersey: Is an “Anti-ASC Pandemic” Possible?” SurgiStrategies (January 2010)
- “ASCs in New Jersey Breathe Sighs of Relief: Appellate Division Makes Decision on Garcia Case,”SurgiStrategies (November 2009)
- Co-author, “Out-of-network’s Risks Melting Away: Recent legal actions may reshape the market and benefit you,” Outpatient Surgery Magazine (August 2009)
- Co-author, “Forming a New Jersey Non-Profit Corporation and Seeking Federal Tax Exempt Status as a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization – A Guide for New Jersey Artists and Artisans” (2008)