Lisa has spent her entire career protecting and advancing her health care clients’ interests. She draws on her strong academic background in forensic and clinical psychology and over 20 years’ experience in health care law to assist acute and long-term care facilities, and physicians and physician practices with their transactional, regulatory, compliance and licensure needs.
Clients look to Lisa for comprehensive compliance counseling and appreciate her energy and creativity, and the pragmatic way she approaches her work. Always looking ahead, she helps her clients plan for potential pitfalls and how to address them, with both a short and long-term strategy.
Lisa has acted as outside general counsel to hospital clients, providing advice on compliance programs and policies, as well as issues regarding medical staff bylaws, physician contracting, HIPAA, EMTALA, Stark, Anti-kickback and managed care contracting.
Her efforts on behalf of her clients extend across a range of matters. Lisa has assisted various clients in purchasing and selling health care facilities; advised clients in forming joint ventured ambulatory care facilities; drafted private securities offerings; and negotiated and drafted employment agreements, recruitment agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, separation agreements, equipment, employee and space leases, loan agreements, and management and administrative services agreements.
Lisa works with clients on the formation and re-structuring of business entities, including professional corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and non-profit and business corporations, in addition to working on hospital and other health care provider mergers and acquisitions. She provides clients with regulatory advice under licensing regulations, conditions of participation, and state and federal fraud and abuse laws.
- Provided regulatory and compliance advice, including on NJ Department of Health filings, to a health system with regard to construction and operation of ambulatory care facilities, pharmacies, clinical laboratories and physician practice locations.
- Counseled a health system on its use of telehealth/telemedicine for transplant, psychiatric and other patients during COVID and post-termination of the PHE.
- Represented an assisted living facility from negotiation of an asset purchase agreement through due diligence, regulatory filings and closing.
- Filed change of ownership applications for a national chain of assisted living facilities due to privatization of the publicly traded parent.
- Provided compliance advice to client on the development and launching of a mobile medical app.
- Revised Residency Agreement for a long-term care facility.
- Advised New Jersey client with regard to conducting an investigation and reporting a breach of protected health information under HIPAA.
- Drafted and negotiated a physician employment agreement and assisted with succession planning for a physician practice.
- Counseled a provider on the development of a freestanding proton beam cancer treatment center in New Jersey.
- Created a New Jersey healthcare service firm to deliver home infusion therapy to patients.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Health and Hospital Law Section
- Member, Fisher Middle School PTO
- Board Vice President, Ewing Public Education Foundation
- “NJ DOH to Revoke Seven COVID-19 State of Emergency Health Care Facility Waivers,” Archer & Greiner Client Advisory (July 2023)
- “Responding to Data Breaches,” New Jersey Lawyer (December 2016)
Past Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- “Ask Archer: A Fireside Chat on HIPAA Compliance Issues and How to Avoid Problems and Unnecessary Fines” (July 2021)
- “Minimize Risk, Maximize Trust: Lessons in Cyber Security,” Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce (March 2018)