Lee has concentrated his practice for the last forty years in the area of family law focusing on divorce, alimony, child support, equitable distribution, custody, parenting time, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence and college contribution issues in both pre-judgment and post-judgment matters. During his years in practice, Lee has established a statewide reputation for excellence in family law.
Lee has an extensive record of service to the field of family law over his career. For 15 years, he served as Chair of New Jersey Supreme Court’s Disciplinary Review Board (“DRB”), the intermediate appellate body of New Jersey’s attorney disciplinary system.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Editor-in-Chief, New Jersey Family Lawyer, 1983 — .
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Law Journal, 1981-1993.
- Law Secretary to Hon. Herbert Horn, New Jersey Superior Court, 1969-1970.
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on: Matrimonial Litigation, 1980-1981; Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, 1981-1983; Family Court, 1982-1983; Member, Family Practice Committee, 1984 — ; Chair, Motions Subcommittee, 1984-1986; Chair, General Procedures Subcommittee, 1986 — ; Civil and Family Part Motions, 1988-1990; Economic Consequences of Divorce Committee, 1990; Co-Chair, Equitable Distribution Subcommittee, 1990; Committee on Judicial Education, 1993 — ; Committee on Complimentary Dispute Resolution.
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Disciplinary Review Board, 1986 — , Chair, 1995 –;
- Chair, Board of Trustees, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1991-1995.
- Member, Camden County Bar Association (Chairman, Family Law Section, 1977-1981)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association (Chairman, Family Law Section, 1981-1983; Trustee, 1986-1990)
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (New Jersey Section).
Awards And Recognition
- Recipient of the Saul Tischler Family Law Section Award, 1986
- Recipient of the Alfred C. Clapp Award, 1996
- Named a Best Lawyer in America (Family Law, since 1983)
- Named a New Jersey Super Lawyer (Family Law, 2005-2014)
- Named a “Top Attorney” by SJ Magazine (Family Law, 2006-2011, 2014)
- Named a “Awesome Attorney” by South Jersey Magazine (Family Law, 2007-2011)
Co-author: “Forms for New Jersey Divorce Practice,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, First Edition, 1979, Second Edition, 1982, Third Edition, 1988, Fourth Edition, 1994.