Kevin F. Shaw is resident in Archer’s Wilmington, Delaware office and focuses his practice on corporate bankruptcy and business reorganization matters. Kevin represents chapter 7 trustees, chapter 11 debtors, unsecured creditors, liquidating trustees, plan administrators, as well as purchasers, investors, and other parties in both bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings. He also has significant experience representing Committees of Unsecured Creditors.
In addition to his work on bankruptcy and reorganization matters, Kevin maintains an active practice in Delaware’s state courts, including matters in Court of Chancery. He has significant experience with assignments for the benefit of creditors and receiverships and he regularly represents companies in large and complex litigation across a broad spectrum of industry sectors.
- Representation of Distributions Trustee in Chapter 11 case of an international self-service web applications vendor.
- Counsel to Chapter 7 Trustee in liquidation of plus-size clothing retailer.
- Representation of petitioning creditors in involuntary cases of outdoor obstacle course company.
- Counsel to Assignee in large multimedia assignment for the benefit of creditors, providing sizable distributions to claim holders.
- Delaware counsel for national internet media company in landmark defamation litigation.
- Counsel for Japanese diversified technology corporation in multi-million dollar breach of contract and fraud litigation.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Turnaround Management Association