Juhan Runne engages in a broad business practice with an emphasis in real estate development and redevelopment, acquisition, sale, construction, financing and leasing and related environmental and land use permitting. Clientele include commercial developers and operators, institutional lenders, service and manufacturing companies, brokerage, property management and consulting firms, public utilities, not-for-profit entities (including universities and health care providers) and private real estate owners and investors.
Juhan represents parties to transactions involving the purchase, sale, financing and leasing of various kinds of property, including development and redevelopment properties, retail centers, health care facilities, multi-family housing properties, office, flex and industrial projects, farm land, open space, solar facilities and wetlands mitigation bank sites. He has extensive experience in commercial leasing including build-to-suit transactions and in environmental and land use matters related to real estate transactions.
Examples of matters Juhan has handled on behalf of clients include:
- Drafted and negotiated a build-to-suit lease for an 80,000 sf administrative building on behalf of a university.
- Negotiated a lease for a 250,000 sf office and manufacturing facility for a communications company.
- Managed an acquisition program involving in excess of 10,000 acres and over 100 transactions for a wetlands restoration project.
- Negotiated a design-build contract and multi-tier financing documents for a minor league baseball stadium.
- Drafted and negotiated project consulting agreements and subcontracts for a continuing care retirement community on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Represented a property owner in the conversion of an existing office building into a condominium.
- Represented a homebuilder client in securing acquisition and development financing.
- Represented the owner in a short sale of a health care facility.
- Handled a multi-state mortgage refinancing for a manufacturing company.
- Represented landlords in numerous office lease renewals, subleases, extensions and modifications.
- Represented numerous purchasers and sellers of commercial office buildings, apartment projects, warehouse and industrial buildings.
- Represented numerous tenants for office, flex, retail, warehouse and industrial space and facilities.
- Negotiated environmental covenants, settlement agreements, easements, restrictions with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and other third parties.
- Represent clients in 1031 exchanges and in tenancy in common transactions.
- Represented publicly held company in numerous asset purchases throughout the U.S., including manufacturing, warehouse and office facilities.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Cross County Connection Transportation Management Association.
- Member Board of Directors of Partnership for the Delaware Estuary (2006-2012)
- Member Board of Trustees Lutheran Foundation of New Jersey
- Certified Foreclosure Mediator (New Jersey)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County (NJ) Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
Awards And Recognition
- Order of the Coif
- Research Editor, Villanova Law Review
- AV Preeminent rated (5 out of 5) by Martindale Hubbell
- Speaker – Panelist for Banking Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Lecturer – Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)