Josiah focuses his practice in the areas of commercial and construction litigation in New Jersey and New York state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals such as the American Arbitration Association and JAMS. He represents clients in contract disputes, construction litigation, consumer fraud claims, franchise litigation, UCC defense, shareholder and partnership disputes, and appellate matters. Representative clients include a national residential developer, an international luxury automotive manufacturer, and a national utility company.
Josiah graduated in the top quarter of his law class at Regent University School of Law and honed his writing skills there by serving as senior editor and member of the Editorial Board of the Regent Law Review.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a fraudulent transfer complaint brought against a seller that sold real property for $2,850,000, and then successfully briefed and argued against the plaintiff’s appeal in the New Jersey Appellate Division.
- Successfully obtained dismissal on summary judgment of a property defect claim against a Fortune 200 residential developer, and won summary judgment enforcing defense and indemnity against the developer’s subcontractor.
- Successfully barred an expert report that claimed liability against a Fortune 100 automotive manufacturer.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a premises liability arbitration demand against a national homebuilder.
- Successfully defended a national utility company at a bench trial that resulted in a dismissal order.
- Successfully defended a furniture store franchise at a bench trial that resulted in a dismissal order.
- Prepared multiple commercial landlord tenant disputes for trial, with claims and cross-claims for millions of dollars, resulting in favorable settlements.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Association of the Federal Bar
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Associate, The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
- Member, Legal Writing Institute
Awards and Recognition
- Named to Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” for Commercial Litigation (2021, 2022)
- Named as one of Bergen County’s “Top Lawyers” by Bergen Magazine for Appellate Law (2018)
- Named to New Jersey Super Lawyers List as a “Rising Star” (2017)
- Won “Best Brief” at the 2011 Regent Cup Moot Court Competition
Articles and Presentations
- “Arbitration- A Review of Case Law and Drafting Arbitration Provisions,” Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel (February 2020)
- “Consumer Fraud Act: Fundamentals and Developments,” BCBA (January 2020)
- “Another Hoop to Jump Through When Drafting Arbitration Agreements in New Jersey,” Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey Newsletter (January 2020)
- “Demystifying the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act,” MEADOWLANDS USA (January 2016)
- Note, Playing by The Rules: FRCP 55(a) and The Circuit Split Regarding Its Meaning, 25 Regent U. L. Rev. 209 (2012)