Josiah focuses his practice in the area of commercial litigation in New Jersey and New York state and federal courts. He represents clients in contract disputes, consumer fraud claims, franchise litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, construction litigation, and appellate matters.
Josiah received his law degree from Regent University School of Law where he served as senior editor and member of the Editorial Board of the Regent Law Review. He graduated in the top quarter of his class, won best brief in Regent’s moot court competition, and wrote a law review article that was selected for publication. Josiah is an active member of the Bergen County Bar Association, and is further honing his litigation skills as a member and pupil of The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a fraudulent transfer complaint brought against a seller that sold real property for $2,850,000, and then successfully briefed and argued against the plaintiff’s appeal in the New Jersey Appellate Division, which affirmed the trial court’s dismissal.
- Represented a furniture store franchise in defense of a bedbug claim and won dismissal of the claim after a bench trial.
- Represented a large New Jersey company in a breach of contract dispute involving the $14,000,000 sale of a franchise and property.
- Represented multiple dealers against a variety of consumer fraud claims.
- Represented a technology company in a $25,000 contract dispute with a contractor.
- Represented an automotive company in a franchise dispute against another franchisee and the franchisor.
- Represented a niche franchise against the protest of another franchisee.
- Representing one of the largest home builders in the country handling defense and litigation strategy on multiple construction defect and personal injury litigations.
- Representing a luxury car manufacturer handling defense and litigation strategy on multiple consumer fraud, lemon law and warranty litigations.
- Prepared multiple commercial landlord tenant disputes for trial, with claims and cross-claims for millions of dollars, resulting in favorable settlements.
- Represented several parties in cash advance litigations resulting in favorable settlements.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Association of the Federal Bar
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Pupil, The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
- Member, Legal Writing Institute
Awards and Recognition
- Named as one of Bergen County’s Top Lawyers for Appellate Law by Bergen Magazine (2018)
- Named as a Rising Star in New Jersey’s Top Attorneys Listing, New Jersey Monthly Super Lawyers* (2017)
- Won “Best Brief” at the 2011 Regent Cup Moot Court Competition
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The comparison standards used by this lawyer rating company can be found here: https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html
Articles and Presentations
- Another Hoop to Jump Through When Drafting Arbitration Agreements in New Jersey, Guest Column, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey, Jan. 2020
- Demystifying the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, MEADOWLANDS USA, Jan. 2016, at 38
- Note, Playing by The Rules: FRCP 55(a) and The Circuit Split Regarding Its Meaning, 25 Regent U. L. Rev. 209 (2012)
- Consumer Fraud Act: Fundamentals and Developments, BCBA (January 2020)
- Arbitration- A Review of Case Law and Drafting Arbitration Provisions, Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel (February 2020)