Jorge Garcia is a member of the Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Insolvency Litigation and Immigration & Homeland Security Departments in the firm’s Philadelphia office. He focuses his Bankruptcy practice on a broad range of commercial bankruptcy, workout and restructuring matters in which he represents a variety of parties, including debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, and unsecured creditors.
In addition, Jorge focuses his Immigration practice on the representation of employers in all aspect of immigration law. This includes representing commercial employers with their visa and Permanent Resident needs for employees to developing a comprehensive immigration law compliance strategy.
Prior to joining Archer in 2017, Jorge was twice a summer associate at Archer. While in law school, Jorge was a staff editor for the Temple International & Comparative Law Journal. He was also a member of Temple’s nationally recognized Trial Team and Moot Court Competition Team. He won several awards for both his oral advocacy and legal writing.
Jorge is admitted to practice in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, United States District for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Committee South Jersey Region
- Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
Awards & Recognition:
- Philadelphia Diversity Law Group Fellow
- Archer & Greiner Diversity Scholarship Recipient
- Two-time Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania Fund Scholarship Recipient
- Two-time Jack E. Feinberg Scholarship Recipient
- Russell Conwell Scholarship Recipient
- Garfinkle & Corbman Trial Advocacy Scholarship
- Victor A. Jaczun Award Recipient
- Sender and Janina Szwalbenest Memorial Award Recipient
- I. Herman Stern Moot Court Competition Finalist
- Capitol City Challenge Semi-Finalist