John is the Chair of Archer’s Public Finance Group. He has 25 years of experience in all aspects of municipal finance with particular experience serving as bond counsel to various New Jersey counties, municipalities, boards of education and local authorities. John has also been involved in varying capacities in public finance projects undertaken across the State and appears regularly before the Local Finance Board. In his capacity as bond counsel to numerous public agencies, he regularly assists such entities in developing creative financing techniques to provide for capital infrastructure, operations and maintenance at the lowest possible cost to taxpayers and ratepayers, not only contemplating traditional financing options, but also consideration of financing options through the New Jersey Infrastructure Bank and the United States of America acting through the United States Department of Agriculture.
John served as a law clerk for the Office of the Counsel to the New Jersey Governor. He also interned for the New Jersey Senate Majority Office and for the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office.
John and his family reside in Monmouth County, where he is an active member of the community.
- Representation of public entities, issuers and underwriters in connection with all aspects of public finance, including compliance with all federal and state laws
- Structure, coordinate and implement transactions relating to the issuance of tax-exempt/taxable debt:
- General obligation bonds or notes of counties, municipalities and school districts
- General obligation and “subject to appropriation” lease financings
- Revenue bonds or project notes of water/sewer authorities, improvement authorities and other conduit financing public facilities, or publicly owned facilities
- Health and university facility and other 501(c)(3) corporation bonds
- Project financings for redevelopment projects
- Negotiate and draft all project, financing and closing documentation
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, CentraState Healthcare System; Member, Board of Trustees (2013-present); Finance Committee (2010-present)