John Cantalupo concentrates his practice in the area of Public Finance. Since 1998, he has served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with numerous financings completed by municipalities, counties, school districts and public agencies and authorities throughout and of the State of New Jersey. John currently serves as the practice group leader for the Firm’s Public Finance and Economic Development group.
Mr. Cantalupo served as a law clerk for the Office of the Counsel to the New Jersey Governor. He also interned for the New Jersey Senate Majority Office and for the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office. While at Rutgers School of Law at Camden, Mr. Cantalupo served as Vice-President of the Student Bar Association.
Mr. Cantalupo and his family reside in Monmouth County where he is an active member of the community.
- Representation of public entities, issuers and underwriters in connection with all aspects of public finance, including compliance with all federal and state laws applicable thereto
- Structure, coordinate and implement transactions relating to the issuance of tax-exempt/taxable debt:
- general obligation bonds or notes of counties, municipalities and school districts;
- general obligation and “subject to appropriation” lease financings;
- revenue bonds or project notes of water/sewer authorities, improvement authorities and other conduit financing public facilities, or publicly owned facilities;
- health and university facility and other 501(c)(3) corporation bonds; and
- project financings for redevelopment projects
- Negotiate and draft all project, financing and closing documentation
Professional and Community Involvement
- In 2010, Mr. Cantalupo was appointed to serve on the Finance Committee for the CentraState Healthcare System in Freehold, New Jersey, a nonprofit community healthcare organization consisting of an acute-care hospital, an ambulatory campus, three-senior living communities, a family medicine residency program, and a charitable foundation. Additionally, in 2013, Mr. Cantalupo was appointed as a Trustee on the Board of Trustees for the CentraState Healthcare System.
Awards and Recognition
- Named a “Top Attorney” for Public Finance by SJ Magazine (2019, 2021)