Jawad represents clients in real estate matters involving the acquisition, financing, development, disposition, and leasing of commercial, retail and industrial property. He has extensive experience with real estate acquisition in the private equity context. Jawad assists clients in analyzing real estate assets, evaluating property-related risk, and developing strategies for acquisitions, dispositions and leasing transactions.
Prior to joining Archer, Jawad was a Partner in the Real Estate and Finance Groups of leading New York and Philadelphia-based law firms. He most recently served as General Counsel for a real estate private equity firm, where he was responsible for all facets of the company’s legal needs, including its transactional work.
- Over $22 million acquisition and lease-back of approximately 470,000 square-foot automotive parts production and recycling facility in Northeast Philadelphia, including negotiation of financing, purchase, lease and certain requirements of the City of Philadelphia with respect to an important parking easement serving the site.
- Over $32 million acquisition of an approximately 600,000-square-foot former aluminum manufacturing facility and one of the largest standalone buildings in Pennsauken, New Jersey through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy sale in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Approximately $100 million aggregate multi-stage acquisition (and subsequent leasing) of a portfolio of greater Philadelphia-area industrial properties totaling approximately 1.6M square feet of interior space converted to multi-tenant warehousing, together with thousands of outdoor income-producing parking spaces to serve both building tenants and distributors including Amazon.
- Primary counsel to and guided a national private equity fund in connection with the real estate aspects of portfolio acquisitions and sales including via asset purchase, stock/equity purchase and mergers, industrial and retail transactions involving the direct and indirect acquisition and leasing of domestic and foreign real estate, as well as the disposition of redundant real estate assets, across a wide variety of sectors including:
- Retail clothing chains
- Restaurant groups
- Sporting goods retailers
- Home and building product manufacturers
- Global packaging producers
- Automotive products manufacturers
- Appliance component developers
- A national oral surgery chain and a regional dental practice chain
- Energy metering, diagnostics providers
- An aggregates and building mining products producer
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Board of Directors, Moorestown Music Collective
- Former Member and Co-Chair, Advisory Council, Mural Arts Philadelphia (2015-2020)