Jamie specializes in the practice of Environmental Law with an emphasis on Petroleum Industry Practices. She represents clients in a wide variety of environmental issues from regulatory advice to complex litigation.
Jamie provides general environmental representation and day-to-day regulatory advice to petrochemical companies in matters involving leaking underground storage tanks, benzene contamination, MTBE contamination, vapor intrusion issues, cost recovery and contribution issues. Jamie is well versed in environmental regulatory issues and routinely handles matters in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and across the eastern United States. She has significant experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating many varied and complex remediation agreements, cost sharing agreements, environmental covenants and access agreements. Jamie also has experience in representing clients in administrative appeals before the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board.
Jamie’s litigation experience is also diverse and encompasses environmental matters of all types ranging from large, multi-party toxic tort class actions to disputes over environmental liabilities. She has served as lead counsel in matters involving claims for personal injury and property damage relating to benzene exposure, MTBE contamination, toxic torts and leaking underground storage tanks. Jamie also has extensive experience in class action litigation and has served as co-lead counsel in the defense of a multi-plaintiff toxic tort action alleging exposure to benzene.
Prior to joining Archer, Jamie was a law clerk for the Honorable John A. Almeida, J.S.C. and a certified civil mediator.
Examples of environmental matters Jamie has handled include:
- Negotiating and drafting the environmental provisions in transactional documents involving the sale and transfer of contaminated properties and associated environmental liabilities
- Negotiating and drafting a complex, multi-party Cost Sharing Agreement with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- Negotiating and drafting a complex Remediation Agreement with a major developer for the development of contaminated property on behalf of a petrochemical company
- Negotiating and drafting a Developers Agreement with a municipality for the installation of a public water line
- Communication with state and local environmental agencies to coordinate complex remediation activities
- Successfully defeating class certification in a multi-plaintiff action involving benzene exposure
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a petrochemical company for claims relating to vicarious liability
Professional And Community Involvement
Current Professional Organization Membership
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Society of Women Environmental Professionals
- Board Member, Alice Paul Institute