Guliet concentrates her practice in the area of land use law in local planning/zoning boards and in the state and federal courts. She previously served as in-house corporate counsel for The Hills Development Co. and H. Hovnanian Industries. She has significant experience in pre-acquisition analyses for development potential and constraints, contractual and other legal support for land acquisition, and for all government approvals including:
- Municipal development approvals for complex planned development and condominium projects
- DOT access permits
- Homeowners association documents and DCA registration
- State and county environmental approvals
- Exclusionary zoning litigation, settlements and land use applications
- Highlands Council reviews and litigation
- Sewer and water approvals
- Historic preservation approvals
- General Counsel and Vice President, The Hills Development Company (development of large planned developments in Bedminster, Bernards and Morris Township).
- General Counsel to H. Hovnanian Industries (development /management of large retirement communities in Ocean County, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, shopping centers, along with related litigation).
- Private practice, representing property owners and builders in local land use boards and in subsequent successful appeals.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Jersey Builder’s Association, Environmental Committee
- Hunterdon County YMCA, Strong Kids Campaign
Articles and Presentations
- “SMART GROWTH IN THE HIGHLANDS REGION,” Dimensions Newsletter, New Jersey Builders Association (February/March 2014)
- “Cluster Development Law Offers New Opportunities For Flexible Planned Development,” Dimensions Newsletter, New Jersey Builders Association (November 2013)
- “Development Moratoria Resurrected in the Highlands,” New Jersey Law Journal (June 2013)
- “Public Costs Reallocated: New Jersey to Require Developers to Pay for Schools, Parks, Police and Fire Stations,” NJ State Bar Association, Land Use Law Section Newsletter
- “The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: Innocent Questions Which Can Bury a Land Use Application,” New Jersey Lawyer
- “The Highlands Model Ordinance: A Template For Regulation in the Highlands Region,” American Planning Association, New Jersey Chapter