Guliet concentrates her practice in the area of land use law in local planning/zoning boards and in the state and federal courts. She previously served as in-house corporate counsel for The Hills Development Co. and H. Hovnanian Industries. She has significant experience in pre-acquisition analyses for development potential and constraints, contractual and other legal support for land acquisition, and for all government approvals including:
- Municipal development approvals for complex planned development and condominium projects;
- DOT access permits;
- Homeowners association documents and DCA registration;
- State and county environmental approvals;
- COAH approvals and exclusionary zoning litigation ;
- Highlands Council reviews and litigation;
- Sewer and water approvals ;
- Historic preservation approvals
- General Counsel and Vice President, The Hills Development Company (development of large planned developments in Bedminster, Bernards and Morris Township)
- General Counsel to H. Hovnanian Industries (development / management of large retirement communities in Ocean County, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, shopping centers, along with related litigation.)
- Private practice, representing property owners and builders in local land use boards and in subsequent successful appeals.
Professional And Community Involvement
- New Jersey Builder’s Association, Highlands Committee
- Hunterdon County YMCA, Strong Kids Campaign
Awards And Recognition
- N.J. Monthly, Super Lawyers, Land Use / Zoning
- Top 50 Female Super Lawyers
- Named as “Super Lawyer” by New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2005 – 2006, 2008 – 2011, 2013, 2014
- “SMART GROWTH IN THE HIGHLANDS REGION“, Dimensions Newsletter, New Jersey Builders Association, February/March 2014.
- “Cluster Development Law Offers New Opportunities For Flexible Planned Development“, Dimensions Newsletter, New Jersey Builders Association, November 2013.
- “Development Moratoria Resurrected in the Highlands“, New Jersey Law Journal, June 2013.
- Author of Municipal Land Use, 2004 Edition, published by New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
- “Public Costs Reallocated: New Jersey to Require Developers to Pay for Schools, Parks, Police and Fire Stations”, N.J. State Bar Association, Land Use Law Section Newsletter.
- “The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: Innocent Questions Which Can Bury a Land Use Application”, New Jersey Lawyer
- “The Highlands Model Ordinance: A Template For Regulation in the Highlands Region”, published by N.J. Chapter of the American Planning Assoc.
- “The Highlands Build-Out Reports Project Deflated Growth”, Cutting Edge Newsletter, New Jersey Builders Association.
- “Highlands Conformance: 21 Down, 38 To Go!”, Cutting Edge Newsletter, New Jersey Builders Association.